Mattaponi for the first outing of the year.

Yep I just got out to cast a rod on Sat. My boat was in the shop for about 5 weeks. That is a story for another day.

So got in the water about 11:00 or so.. parking lot full of vehicles, yep it is perch time. Fired the boat up made sure the t-stats were working, checked all gauges, and suited up ( yep it was a little chilly). Everything checked out so we just cruised down the river to the ssshhhh Special Spot #1. I needed to get that first fish in the boat for 2018. I am throwing the best bait ever, war eagle spinnerbait with a caffine shad trailer on it. Slow rolling it over the wood and wait for it... ok nothing happens. Try a lipless nothing. Try jerk bait nothing. So we head the special spot #2. Oh yea its on like donkey kong... nope. So now we go to the ok spots 1 by 1. Nothing, nothing, nothing... well you get the picture.

So the good news I got to go fishing for a few hours with my son, my brother, and my nephew. It was a great day on the water. I guess the fishing can only get better!!!.

I know this was not the story yall were wanting to read but this is how it goes sometimes. I am headed to Gaston next weekend, then to Santee on the 29th. Maybe I can learn to catch one by then.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Should've switched over to perch, we caught close to 100 last weekend
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

Glad everything went good with the boat.

We went to Gaston yesterday for the first time out this year. Soon as we got there it started snowing. Lauched out of Pea Hill and didn't go far. Caught one within the first 15 minutes and blanked the rest of the day. Oh well, still enjoyed it.

Next weekend looks nice.
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Mac View Post
    Glad everything went good with the boat.

We went to Gaston yesterday for the first time out this year. Soon as we got there it started snowing. Lauched out of Pea Hill and didn't go far. Caught one within the first 15 minutes and blanked the rest of the day. Oh well, still enjoyed it.

Next weekend looks nice.
    yes next weekend is looking good.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758