Thread: Handgun choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Handgun choice

Had a Ruger SR9C and it's just not what I wanted for a carry piece. Sold it and trying to make a choice, Glock 43 of Sig Sauer 938 Extreme.
    Any opinions ?

I have not shot the Sig but I liked the Smith Shield better than the Glock, you might want to give it a look too.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    I have not shot the Sig but I liked the Smith Shield better than the Glock, you might want to give it a look too.
    EXACTLY ^^^^ http://www.smith-wesson.com/node/14130

I have both a S&W Shield 9mm and Shield 45. Both great shooting guns and easy carry. I like the Shields because they have the option of a thumb safety. Not many carry guns have that.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

5. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    I have a SR9c and like it (great trigger and a thumb safety). To each his own but I'd never exchange it for a Glock (I'm sure members of the Glock Flock will think I'm deranged). Good luck in your search, most fun is looking for a new gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Have two friends with the Shield. One with a trigger job and one without. t was ok but I'm just not a fan. Ended up going with the Sig Sauer 938 Extreme..
    https://www.sigsauer.com/products/fi.../?om=true#gf_1

I am holding out for the P365 when they get the bugs worked out of it. Looks like a great carry gun.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

8. Member
    I’ve had a shield couple of weeks, decent gun. Picking up a hkvp9sk today- but I like steel. Anyone have a Kahr k-9?

9. Member
    Can't go wrong with the Sig for sure, but as much as I like it, it's a little small for my hands. I usually carry an officers sized 1911 but recently purchased a S&W Shield and have to admit, it's a great carry gun. Enjoy the Sig.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

10. Member
    JMO I prefer the Springfield XDS 45 over the Glock

11. Member
    It's what fits your style of shooting. I carry Glocks I have 23, 26, 43. There simple to use I can field strip and clean in less than five min.
    I do have a M&P but I don't use it as a carry gun I just like my Glocks better.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

12. Member
    I had a Shield 9mm and didn't really care for it. I think I may be the only one that doesn't really care for them. I sold it and bought a Springfield XD9s. Seems to be a good gun. I like the way it feels in the hand. I have a Glock 19 and it's hard to go wrong with a Glock. Sig also make a heck of a gun. Don't think you could go wrong with either of your options. Buy what feels best to you.

13. Member
    I have a p938, I like it, but I carry a Springfield emp for CC.
    The safety is alot more functional on the emp than the p938.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

14. Member
    basser, I have a Sig 938, had the S&W Shield and got rid of it. The Sig 938 is so much better, does not jump around, I have shot all kinds of rounds out of it [full jacket, lead, and portection] with no problems. I Shoot at least once a week, 50-100 rounds. I also shoot a Glock 17 that i like, for every day carry its the Sig 938. hope this helps. Bob Beans

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The gurg View Post
    I have a p938, I like it, but I carry a Springfield emp for CC.
    The safety is alot more functional on the emp than the p938.
    nice choice. I carry the ROC from Springfield when I'm not carrying the Shield. Hard to beat the 1911 imho.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

16. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    For a carry gun Id go with the 43. The shield is a close second for sure.

17. Member
    I have the LC9S, Shield and Sprinfield XD-e. The LC9 is the smallest, but a bit snappy to shoot. I disliked the Shield until I got an Apex trigger job. I shoot it much better now. The XD-e, in my opinion, shoots much much better than the other two and is a dream to fire. It is, however the biggest of the three.

18. Member
    When I went looking, someone recommended that I look at both the S&W Shield and the Glock 43. I went to a local range that had them to rent, and shot several magazine from both. The 43 fits me better, and I shot better with it. Try them both, and buy what works best for you.

19. Member
    if you are thinking about a Smith M&P with a crimson trace they are on sale at Sportsman Outdoor Super Store for $360 on line, sounds like a deal.

Went with the Sig 938 Extreme and this holster.. https://mk-tekholsters.com/products/...21-owb-holster
    What a great fitting holster. Hugs the belt line and don't even know your wearing it... If anyone wants a well made holster give this guy a try. U.S. made and a veteran to boot. Located a few towns over from me..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast