Weldwood All Weather Carpet Adhesive

I'll be replacing the carpet in my 99 Nitro 700 soon and I've been researching what types of adhesive to use. It certainly seems like the Weldwood contact cement is the most popular choice but my lack of experience with carpet work has me reluctant to use it. It seems like it might be too unforgiving for my comfort level. I think I'd prefer to leave the contact cement for the edges. Having said that, I was looking at carpets and glue on Bassboatseats.com and there is a big note in red concerning their adhesive stating that it should not be used for fiberglass surfaces because it's water based and would not be able to cure properly. They say to use solvent based adhesives for fiberglass applications. Henry 263 seems to be a popular choice but I'm not sure if I can get that to easily. Another solvent based adhesive that seems readily available is Weldwood All Weather Outdoor Carpet Adhesive. Has anyone used this glue before?

http://www.dap.com/dap-products-ph/w...rpet-adhesive/

2. Member
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

3. Member
    I used birdsong on my carpet job on a 2002 tr 21

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    The Weldwood is what I use, small v-notch trowel, complete coverage....

5. Member
    I used 3m Spray (90?). Spray on boat surface, spray on carpet backing. Wait 10 minutes then push it down.

Sticks immediately, so be sure to get it right. But seems to hold very well.