Been a long long time

Well two days ago I walked 18 holes here in Tennessee on a hilly coarse. First nine was good...second nine....whew....I made it. Score was decent on the front nine but the second nine I could tell I need to get in better shape. Heading out to a tourney at Bandon dunes this summer for our 45 anniversary and my wife's 65th birthday. It's a walking only coarse so don't want to be the last one walking in line. Have my work cut out for me....slept real good that night.

Not matter our age we all suck wind when we are out of shape.
    Keep on walking so you can go enjoy that anniversary and wife's birthday!
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    Good job, it is a long way for us older dudes.

4. Member
    At least you did it. That is more than most could do. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

5. Member
    Well...did it again.....again the front nine wasn't bad....add five strokes for the back. Ohhhhhh....my legs. Got me to remembering back in the ol days when everyone would walk....everyone. Now it's kind of funny that it's fairly rare to see walkers.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    They don't build courses that are walkable much anymore. The holes are too spread out for the most part. My home course plays 7500 yards from the tips and then you add in the hills of East TN with tee boxes that are hundreds of yards apart....no way.

7. Member
    I don't have any problem walking our local course for 18 holes with a pull cart for my bag...IF...the others in our group let me put my beer cooler on their cart.

8. Member
    Just checked yardage of the coarse I'm playing....6600. Oh...well....I'm on a mission...will see where it goes.