Question 2000 Triton TR-19 Fortrex to Ultrex upgrade

I mainly fish a river system that has a lot of current running through and occasionally by the lock and dams. Spot-lock is what I'm really interested in as I think it'll be a big game changer for me.

I do not have any desires right now to add talons or power poles -- a new boat is in the works.

Looking to upgrade from a 24v Fortrex 80lbs 45" to a 36v Ultrex 112lbs 52" (I hear the shaft is adjustable)

Would this seem ideal on my Triton? 18'-11"

Would I have to upgrade to a larger gauge wire for the trolling system if I'm going 36v? Or would the existing one suffice?

Any and all inputs are appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Moob; 03-11-2018 at 09:04 AM.

2. Member
    I made the switch to 36v years ago with no issues. Assuming your 19 has the same size wire as my 21 you will have no problem.. You will love the ultrex. I would recommend going with the link as well, you may eventually want to use the follow the contour or go to features offered by humminbird.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply -- is there a significant size difference between the 80 and 112 with regards to mounting it?
    Last edited by Moob; 03-11-2018 at 09:04 AM.

4. Member
    It is quite a difference in power, you will like it in the current. Also check the breaker, it should be a 60 amp for the 112.

5. Member
    Looking forward to that extra power! Even I felt at times the 80 was lacking

Get the 45" shaft!! It has a little smaller mounting foot print. I also have a 2000 TR19 and tried to fit a 52" Ultrex on it. The foot print was just too large for my bow. I wasn't convinced that a 45" shaft would fit either.... The 52" shaft was so long that if it would have fit, my rod locker lid wouldn't have cleared it when it was in the stowed position. The boat cover wouldn't fit it either. Long story short is I sold mine taking a $250 hit and never powered it up. I just wanted to let you know the issues I ran into.

Our boats have 6 gauge wire running from batteries to bow.

I added some mounting dimension here. You'll have to scroll down a little to see them.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=769477

7. Member
    Good to know! Thank you!!

Here's my old thread when I was trying to mount an Ultrex
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....060&highlight=