Introduction and Question

Hello all. I have been around a bit on the board but just lurking. I live in San Antonio and have a place at LBJ so most of my fishing is done there. I need some input from you guys: I have a 1994 Ranger R70 that I am thinking about putting a new Mercury Pro XS 115 or an E-Tec on. Researching shops for the repower and reading reviews of different places, it sounds like there is literally nowhere that does good work... I know that isn't true just lots of negative reviews. You can't make everyone happy I know, but does anyone have any experience or suggestions for a good shop to do the work? I don't mind dragging it a ways.

2. Banned
    First off, welcome to the forum. Second thing, go with the Mercury and third thing, good service in anything is hard to come by. since you're in San Antonio, Two Guys Marine in Del Rio would be my choice. Bink is really good about customer service and quality, can't say I've really heard bad things about them.

3. Member
    I have all my work done at Boerne Marine and have no complaints.

I too have heard good things about Two Guys Marine but I've never used them. Welcome

Welcome.
    Remember, regarding reviews on anything, pissed off people will tend to advertise their anger, as where happy people have no need to advertise their pleasure.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

6. Banned
    Have you tried “The Boat Shop” in Kirby? I have never used them, but Wayne seems very knowledgeable about all brands made. I’d give him a chance before driving all over Texas.

7. Member
    Two guys is good, we had a trouble with a tm before a tourn and Boerne marine went out of there way to get us going. I would say either one would be ok.

8. Bobby8
    Wayne and the guys at the Boat Shop in Kirby have done right by me.

9. Member
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I will contact each and see where we get!

Welcome.
    +1 on what Corkpuller says. Most voicing an opinion is them needing to rant. It's the the nature of the beast.

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

11. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Welcome to BBC

12. Member
    I have read that the Pro XS is a discontinued outboard, last year for it. I don’t know if that is true but you might look into that.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    I have read that the Pro XS is a discontinued outboard, last year for it. I don’t know if that is true but you might look into that.

The size he is looking at is already the 4 stroke, gonna be lots of crying when the new 250 Pro xs 4 stroke comes out .