Simon vs. Whipple Reflash for a Verado 150 HP L4

Any input on which ECU reflash is better, Simon or Whipple. I have a 2013 150 hp Verado L4 and would like a Stock 200 Flash, but I have not found one so a 225 HP or so from one of these two vendors may be the ticket. Any input on which might be the better way to go. I know this would be subjective since most guys do only one or the other, but experience does count.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

I would love an answer to this question as well. Looking at the whipple flash to 225 when my platinum runs out.

3. Member
    My warranty runs out in June, so would loose a few months, but figure now is the time to do it.
    Ches.
    Last edited by Ches.; 03-11-2018 at 09:20 PM.

4. Member
    whipple price on their website is $695 Whats the price on the simons?

5. Member
    Don't know. I sent them a PM yesterday, waiting on response. Will post when I get it. I need something that runs on 89 in case I can't find 91 non alc. gas. Simons web site has a button for e-mail but I could not get it to work. I didn't see a price on the Web. They do have a buy it now posting on e-bay but it is for repair from what I can figure out.
    Ches.

6. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ches. View Post
    Don't know. I sent them a PM yesterday, waiting on response. Will post when I get it. I need something that runs on 89 in case I can't find 91 non alc. gas. Simons web site has a button for e-mail but I could not get it to work. I didn't see a price on the Web. They do have a buy it now posting on e-bay but it is for repair from what I can figure out.
    Ches.
    You would be much better off calling Simons. I think his price is $695 also.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a few minutes to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

In all fairness, I have never heard of anyone having purchase BOTH, and trying them back-to-back in a real-world "shoot-out".

So in all honesty- any input you get is simply conjecture (outside of the above scenario).

Hope this helps!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ches. View Post
    Ches.
    did you get a price?

9. Member
    Repair price was $675, not sure if this covers reflash. They just said they could tune it. Sorry European. I didnt think this was a motor specific question so the model and Sn was not needed. I am going to hold off till I get some feedback. Motor runs good but 50-75 hp increase is worth the price, but only if reliability is still there.
    Ches.