Phoenix is catching up

These last 2 years phoenix has exploded down here. This year they are really catching up to skeeter and ranger. Still a little to go but they are gaining fast. It's a testament to theses boats because it's hard to break in to the market here. I can't count the times I've heard someone say they rode in a buddy's and then ordered one or a buddy rode with them and they ordered one. Being on toledo and rayburn so much rough water ride is a big thing here and I don't think there's another boat that can hang with phoenix.

2. Member
    They are selling like crazy!!!! Great boats
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite/Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    I can say I looked over the Phoenix, skeeter, nitro and triton, and to me the Phoenix had a better fit and finish and the livewells were unmatched.

4. Member
    Three years ago I sat in the Umphrey cove in a 300+ boat tourney and am pretty sure I was the only one there. Last month I was in the same cove and there were dozens of Phoenix boats there. Pretty cool, except that I wasn’t as confident that I could outrun everyone to my spot
    Last edited by txbass1; 03-11-2018 at 10:15 PM.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If i can get to TB this weekend i'll add another one to the list....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    I fish Lake Fork and 3 years ago I think there were only maybe 3, now when you go to a ramp, it looks like a Bird Convention going on. A lot of the guides on Fork now run a Phoenix
    Mark Hall
    Papa's Baits
    Memphis, TN
    Papasbaits.net
    Fishguardian.com
    TX3Bass 2011 AOY Sponsor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    Three years ago I sat in the Umphrey cove in a 300+ boat tourney and am pretty sure I was the only one there. Last month I was in the same cove and there were dozens of Phoenix boats there. Pretty cool, except that I wasn’t as confident that I could outrun everyone to my spot
    The first champs this year there was a lot of them in that cove.

8. Member
    No argument from me. I have had my boat 5 years, do I look at new ones, sometimes, but why should I get rid of mine.

I will say I agree with txbass1 on outrunning people. I run when the conditions let me, but on the hole shot leaving Umphrey in a BFL and being middle of the pack it is fun. I have no problem getting through the rough stuff and into the clear. Well except last weekend when some idiot in a Skeeter with a 200 decided to crowd me and then jumped over in front of me. I gave him a little room for safety's sack, then smoked his butt. I hope to see him at the next one, I may just let him know I did not run him over, I'm the nice guy.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phnx Ed View Post
    No argument from me. I have had my boat 5 years, do I look at new ones, sometimes, but why should I get rid of mine.

I will say I agree with txbass1 on outrunning people. I run when the conditions let me, but on the hole shot leaving Umphrey in a BFL and being middle of the pack it is fun. I have no problem getting through the rough stuff and into the clear. Well except last weekend when some idiot in a Skeeter with a 200 decided to crowd me and then jumped over in front of me. I gave him a little room for safety's sack, then smoked his butt. I hope to see him at the next one, I may just let him know I did not run him over, I'm the nice guy.
    We all know that the race in the morning is fun. It has to get guys attention when they keep seeing birds pass them up.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    We all know that the race in the morning is fun. It has to get guys attention when they keep seeing birds pass them up.
    What really seems to hurt feelings is when you pass them in rough water.

11. Member
    I deliberated on every brand out there, untill I rode in a Phoenix then that was it! After being use to my boat I found myself bracing for wakes then just glide right through them. Sold me.

12. Member
    What is it about there hull that makes it do so well against the other brands. Youd think everything there is to learn about boat hull is already out there for all the manufactures to know.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    What is it about there hull that makes it do so well against the other brands. Youd think everything there is to learn about boat hull is already out there for all the manufactures to know.
    I don't know the specifics. The big vee is part of it, the weight is part of it, but I don't know how it all works together. They seem to do everything really good where most boats do one or two things really good but sacrifice a little in other areas.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfrench085 View Post
    What really seems to hurt feelings is when you pass them in rough water.
    That's why I started looking at birds. I got passed by one on the way to weigh in last year in rough stuff and thought I would just tuck up behind him and use him as a break to save my back and be able to run more than 25-30. It lasted all of 200 yards before he was long gone and I was back to jarring my spine out of alignment.