Thread: Eyra or Puma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Honestly, I'd be happy with either. I have an Eyra and LOVE the coffin style lids, my favorite part of the boat. One step left or right and I can access all my tackle. When I first looked at the boat, almost didn't buy it for that reason, but I'm glad I did.

Can't say anything about a Puma, but will say my Eyra handles rough water very well, makes great turns as I meander up a tight river, tracks straight on the trolling motor.

I believe BCB is building more Eyra's recently but not 100% sure.

I would guess both would have good resale as they are both BCB :)

2. Member
    It really boils down to your style of fishing.

Tight quarters, docks fishing, small bayous and in and out of cypress trees the advantage goes to the Eyra. There is not another 20 footer that maneuvers on the trolling motor as effortlessly as the Eyra in my experience. It really is phenomenal how it handles with the troller down! I didn't realize how good it was until I sold mine and I've been fishing out of other boats for a while. The Coffin lids are one of the main reason's I'm going back to the Eyra. I love the day box, especially now that it has it's own lid. Rough water performance is great but the Eyra is not as stable as the Puma, Cougar at rest when fishing in the swells. I prefer the lower seating and more secure feeling cockpit of the Eyra. It's more of a sport car feel. I'm 6'1" and have long legs and don't have an issue.

The Puma, Cougar hulls are excellent at just about everything. Fast, stable, great layouts. They fish great as well. Roomier in the cockpit, you sit up a little higher. Top speed is very, very close between all three hulls. If most of my fishing was in more open water and offshore I would go with the Puma/Cougar over the Eyra due to a little more stability and little wider deck at the nose.

The appearance of the boats sitting on the trailer also swayed me to the Eyra. Both are beautiful. The Eyra just looks pure sexy to me though. The lines are excellent.

I would have to say the comparison is like a Corvette to a Cadillac. Both very fast, beautiful, handle great but one is a sports car and one is a sports sedan. Which one would you like to own largely depends upon your personality and what you enjoy.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

My Eyra sure gets a lot of compliments everywhere we go and from every type of boat owner. I had a guy a couple of days ago that had a late model Legend tell me how sharp my Eyra is. He and his son fish the same high school series and he said every time he sees it he just stares at it. I've had several wake board boats come up and tell me it’s the sharpest bass boat they’ve ever seen, even the wives comment on it. Nothing looks better than the Eyra in my opinion.

My son and I were fishing Toledo Bend for three days this week. First time on Toledo so we were kinda clueless. We got way back in a narrow cove and as mentioned the Eyra is so maneuverable. I was a little concerned I was going to have to back out with the trolling motor. I was able to swing it right around in a very narrow area. It just seems the Eyra does everything well but I think all the Bass Cats do everything well. It just gets down to money and personal preferences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12