Need Evinrude etec 115 prop recommendations rt188

What are you etec 115 guys running for a prop? Looking for recommendations for my 2017 rt188. Currently running Evinrude aluminum 13.2x21.

2. Banned
    19 pitch

3. Member
    I've got same boat. I've got a 3blade 21p /w setback plate. 45-46 in summer WOT 47-49 in spring/fall. Glass calm I'll nose 50 on the GPS.

4. Member
    Iabass, you running ss or aluminum?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostlude01 View Post
    Iabass, you running ss or aluminum?
    SS.

6. Member
    I'm running the stock aluminum prop. I debated buying a new stainless prop also but after following what everyone is doing/getting out of these boats with a 115 decided against it. I get 44-45mph with 2 people and my normal load (no set back plate) so for me personally, not worth the money to go a whopping 47...but that's just me
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

7. Member
    Thanks for posting this thread! So I haven’t been on here in a while, but often come to BBC for advice. I just bought a RT188 with an etec 115 (10 year warranty). First prop was aluminum and total slip out with trim just over 1/2. Now, the dealer said he has gone through numerous props to end up at a 24 pitch raker. Boat has 4” plate and the latest prop is flush with plate (bottom hole I think). Now I have to be between 1/2 and 3/4 trim height and I’m only getting 5200-5400 rpms. Max speed is 42, maybe 43 for a second or two. If I raise trim over 3/4, I can get to 6000 and I get about an extra mph, but it definitely has the sound of slipping or winding out. Thoughts??? Should I just be happy with it?

On on another note, rear drain plug was sealed incorrectly and had a leak. Hook 2 DOwn scan goes apeshit when trolling motor pedal is depressed....been a tough buying experience to say the least. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8. Member
    24 pitch seems really high on an etec 115. My current 21p aluminum isnt letting me hit 5300-5400 Gonna try running a 19p to see if I can get 5700 and pick up a couple mph. Currently hitting 44-45 with one other person and moderate fishing gear load. I think a hydraulic jack plate will help a bit.

9. Member
    24 is way to much, a 20 pitch Raker will put you where you need to be. Just have to mess with engine height. I would really question the dealers knowledge concerning the 24 Raker on a 115.

10. Member
    I've got a 21p SS 3 blade as I said above /w the setback plate on my 115 etec. Trimmed out I hit 5800-5850 RPMS WOT and 47-49 MPH and have nosed 50 a few times on the GPS. Just me and full load of gas and tackle. Don't recall what hole it's mounted in on the setback plate. Boat is in storage for the winter but I'm probably going to get it out in a week weather permitting. Love the motor.

As for the drain plug, I put a light coat of silicone lube on the threads and hand tighten and then give it a really hard turn snug and I've never had a single leak since Day 1. The 188 drain plugs are notorious for needing to be "over tightened" to seal.

I've got a hook 9 at the bow /w an HDI transducer ran down on an Ultrex. Power is ran all the way back to the batteries and I have ferrites installed on the cords for the unit to stop interference. No issues.

Also agree that 24 is way too much prop. 20-21 SS seems to be the sweet spot. I don't use aluminium props so I can't help with them.
    Last edited by iabass8; 03-24-2018 at 11:53 AM.

11. Member
    Thanks fellas, ran it again today and I was getting 58-5900 trimmed up just over 3/4. Speed was 44-45 down wind. Everything I read says this shouldn’t work, but it somehow is. Dealer admits that this is his first etec set up on a RT188 with set back plate. He thinks a Raker pitched to 22would be perfect, so maybe I’ll take him up on it. I guess I’m just as lost again.

Drain plug assembly was resealed and is working well. Tried ferrites on the hook 7 and no good on down scan when trolling motor is on. Old fashion 2d working well. Moved the ferrites between both cables near the unit and nothing worked. I’m not sure how they wired it up, but I’m now thinking I need to unhook the three bank charger off of the starter battery. I’ll keep on trying to get these issues worked out....someday I’ll have the perfect “tin”.

12. Member
    IABaSS, If you’ve got the boat out, I have a few questions. What kind of SS prop? Which mounting hole did you use? Which cables got the ferrite beads? Thanks in advance....

13. Member
    Here’s my rig by the way....
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Here’s my rig by the way....