201 prop recomendations

I just recently did a repower on my 86 201 from the original XR2 200 to a optimax 225. I am not running a jackplate at this time and dont intend to. I am using the 25p shooter prop that I was using on the xr2. I know that is the wrong prop and need some help in what direction to go. The Optimax came off a 196 and was running a worked 25p furry. I have been told by others that it would be too much prop even though I consider the 2 boats to be comparable to each other. On the couple test runs I have done, I am getting around 62 mph and up to 65 once but it was starting to wash out.just looking for a little more speed without hurting my new investment.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I would go to a 25 Tempest. I would also go at least 6" on a Rapid Jack plate. That is the setup I was running on my 93 201 w/200 EFI

3. Member
    Just putting that optimax on the back without a kackplate has the back of the boat has it sitting lower than I would prefer. I really dont want to compound the issue by putting it back 8 to 10 inches more. Would a 25p tempest be under propped with a 225 opti? Does going from a 3 to 4 blade prop make that much difference? I have zero experience with props and theyre costly. I dont want buyers remorse.

4. Pat Goff
    25 tempest motor set on second hole up will give you all it’s got.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

5. Member
    Thanks Pat. I may have access to a tempest 25 to try out.

6. Member
    I am curious to know the difference between the fury and tempest.