Thread: Z-19 Reviews

Z-19 Reviews

I'm entertaining the possibility of downsizing my boat. Ive got a 20' boat with a 250 and since I am a shallow water power fisherman, Ive been thinking about getting a 19' model for more maneuverability, not to mention reduced overall cost of ownership.

I'm looking at the Z-19 so I was interested to hear some feedback from people that own them. In terms of space, it seems like a very spacious layout. My biggest concern is how well it does in rough water, and the performance with the 200hp engine.

Any feedback, positive or negative would be appreciated.

2. Member
    I just switched from a zx225 skeeter to the z19. I love the new boat. It's a 70mph boat that fishes bigger than a regular 19ft boat. I did go from a dual console to single which helps. The deck is much wider. There is more storage in the Nitro than my Skeeter had. Honestly have no negatives other than no small compartment (like a glove box).

3. Member
    I agree with wildkat the only thing I wish my z 19 had was a small day box like the skeeter has in front of the drivers console and a box between the seats
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    I can't say how it runs yet since mine is sitting in my garage waiting for my foot to heal, but the layout is excellent. I was looking to replace my Ranger Z118 which at 18' 6" was starting to feel small after 5 years. I got everything I own in it plus a few extras I didn't carry because of the size of my Ranger and still have room for more stuff, especially in the rod and side storage compartments. According to the website, the Z19 has 34 square feet on the front deck, the Z20 has 38 and the Z21 has 45, so there is a difference in the sizes but I have quite a bit more space than my Ranger had so I'm happy.

I'm getting the passenger console, when it gets built, so I will have a storage bin for the small stuff. If you are getting a single console look for one with the pull out drawer in the passenger foot rest. Right now I just put that stuff in the trash basket that is in the ice chest compartment. I do miss the coin box that was in between the seats of my Ranger and think Nitro should make that an option. I have the center seat option so it would not work with mine but not everyone needs or wants the center seat.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    Anything put in the pull out drawer by the passenger foot rest winds up lost in the hull of the boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    Anything put in the pull out drawer by the passenger foot rest winds up lost in the hull of the boat.
    I installed a elastic style net over mine if not you will loose everything
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

It is a great rig. As far as handling rough water it is probably not going to handle it as well as your 20' boat, but imo it does an excellent job for it's size. Everyone is right about the storage need between the seats. This year, I hear they are adding a storage box between the seats for the Z20 ad Z21 but I don't believe they are for the Z19 yet...

Another option is to add one yourself... I have a box made by BassCat (actually a company that makes them for BassCat), and I am very happy with it....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Sorry... Deleting duplicate post...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team