Little help on what the other hole is!

1997 202, can someone tell me what the other hole is? I know one is my bilge but in all the years I have owned this boat I have never figured out what the other one is for. I am wanting to put in a livewell pump out, can I use it for that? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Well, if you don't have a live well pump out, then the other hole is a second bilge. If it isn't working I would check the pumps. One should be auto bilge the other manual. When they come on, either auto or manual, they should both pump water out.
    Last edited by Ed R; 03-10-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Member
    Thank you Ed R, only one has ever pumped out water and it has always been manually.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Agree, it's either a 2nd bilge pump or livewell pumpout. I'm betting on the 2nd bilge pump.

5. Member
    It’s for the automatic bilge pump

6. Member
    you might already have a livewell pumpout. put the recirc on manual and see if you can pull the recirc spray head in and out. if it moves forward then water should come out of that hole
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.coon View Post
    you might already have a livewell pumpout. put the recirc on manual and see if you can pull the recirc spray head in and out. if it moves forward then water should come out of that hole
    That's pretty cool! Haven't seen that before, was it a factory option?
    Ed R.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post

Some manufactures used it a lot (Skeeter was one).

Our 198’s have 3 holes and I’ve never really thought about it before, but why? I only have 1 bilge pump in mine and I have a livewell pump-out, I have no clue what the 3rd hole would be connected to. You know Ed?

9. Member
    Grout I have three holes on my 198. One is livewell pump out, one is manual bilge pump, and one is auto bilge pump.

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.coon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    No, the Flow-Rite Pump-Out / Aerator was never a factory option on Champion. I did install one in my 93 201 and it worked great. I'm not seeing a pump-out option in either the 1995 or 1998 manuals, but on a 93, there was a 2nd control knob near the drain control marked Recirculate/Pump-Out on the factory option.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Our 198’s have 3 holes and I’ve never really thought about it before, but why? I only have 1 bilge pump in mine and I have a livewell pump-out, I have no clue what the 3rd hole would be connected to. You know Ed?
    I'm sure it's for a 2nd bilge. In my 210 the bilge pumps sit in close proximity to each other (like there's a lot of room down there ) Can you see a hose attached looking in it with a light? Got an extra hose lying in the bilge?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Some manufactures used it a lot (Skeeter was one).

Like Reggie & Chris, mine is also a second bilge, auto and manual bilge and the livewell pump out.
    Ed R.

12. Member
    Your in the wrong hole!!
    2015 189 trx

13. Banned
    So you fellas have 2 bilge pumps, damn something else I have to dig for now.

I know I have the manual because I can hear it run, I always assumed it was also an auto pump too like my old Skeeter had. I can’t say that I’ve seen an extra hose laying in there and I was in there pretty deep replacing the hoses and through hull fittings.

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    If you have MegaLink, I'm pretty sure you can turn each of them on independently. I know on my panel there are two LEDs. I don't remember if it is pump 1, pump 2, both, then off or pump 1, both, off. I may have the boat here this weekend and can check.

15. Member
    I'm betting mine is for the auto bilge. When I bought the boat the previous owner bypassed the switch at the console and installed a separate switch above the panel, not sure why. I guess I have one of two choices, hook the auto bilge back up or use it as a livewell pump out. In all the years I have owned the boat I have never had an issue not having an auto bilge, it's become second nature to flip the manual bilge on throughout the day.

16. Member
    Put the hull drain plug in. Run the garden hose into bilge, turn it on, you will know if you have an auto bilge...

My 198 bilge pumps.
    1) live well recirculater pump.
    2) live well pump out pump.
    3) manual/auto bilge pump out.
    4) manual/auto bilge pump out.
    5) live well fill, through hull fill pump.

Last edited by Ed R; 03-13-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    Ed R.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badapple View Post
    I'm betting mine is for the auto bilge. When I bought the boat the previous owner bypassed the switch at the console and installed a separate switch above the panel, not sure why. I guess I have one of two choices, hook the auto bilge back up or use it as a livewell pump out. In all the years I have owned the boat I have never had an issue not having an auto bilge, it's become second nature to flip the manual bilge on throughout the day.
    Bilge pumps are a different configuration than recirculater or live well pump out pumps.
    Ed R.

18. Banned
    Well I feel pretty stupid, I do have 2 bilge pumps down there after all. Someone changed one of them to a different style than what Ed has in his boat.