Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    It means they have a "kinda sorta" match and somebody will go in manually to see if the person who you match is really you. Should be ready for the transfer in 3 days unless NCIC has concerns.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The gurg View Post
    Thankfully here in Alabama, if you have a valid ccw, they don't have to do another background check before purchase.
    We have this in GA as well, if you hold a GA weapons license you still fill out the form but then you get to make the purchase and go, no waiting around for the check to clear.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    as i said due to recent events, the ATF is being more cautious, could be something as simple as multiple names that pop up however when we provide them your ss# this eliminates this. sometimes is as simple as a misdemeanor when your were young, past DUI, DWI, . Once delayed, the time all depends how long it takes them to dig into you further sometimes it is quick sometimes it is 24 hrs or more all depends how busy they are. Gun sales skyrocket after they threaten to pass new gun laws.. I have no doubt the ATF can not keep up. There is something throwing a red flag for you to be delayed however, in the past it may have been overlooked, or not an issue, but with them being very cautious it takes more of a review. Doesnt mean your a bad person or cant own a gun just means when your pulled up there isn't a little green flag saying good to go, it has to be sent to a second person who reviews a little further and says yes good to go or no go. Ive yet to do one where i got a deny.. however we get a bunch of delays. Im sure you will be good to go based on what you say.. there just doing there job.
    Not sure if you read my initial post, or at least I think I put this in there. I have bought at least 12 or 13 firearms in the last 3 years. 2 or 3 handguns and 10 or 12 rifles, including 1 rifle just 3 weeks prior to being delayed on this one. The longest I have had to wait is 15 minutes. All except for 1 time the wait time has been less than 5 minutes. I have NEVER had a misdemeanor, DUI, no cops ever called to our home for domestic issues, or anything else. You are more than welcome to pull up my record and see. And I am in a position as a pastor that I am in a very public place in our Parish. I promise you that I would not be allowed to be a pastor if I had anything on my record the last 20 years while pastoring. I have had enough background checks that even something minor should have already turned up. I'm glad you have a lot of confidence in the government system. I don't. I know my life and what I have done and what I have not done. And I have NOT done anything that would cause a blip on their radar. If I had, I would not have gotten on a public forum and said anything about this. I posted this on the 24 hr. campfire and found out that a number of the gentlemen on there have also experienced this. Some of them have CCW licenses and have still gotten delayed. So, are computers perfect? No, because humans are the one who enter the data and it is humans who push the buttons.

I have wondered if they pull someone's name if it shows that they have bought X amount of firearms within so many months to do a more in-depth check. If that is the case, I have no problem with it. It went on through within 2 business days so I have the rifle in my possession. I am picking up another rifle next week and we will see how it goes. But, if anyone thinks I have anything on a police record, feel free to look it up if you think I'm lying. PM me and I will give you my full name, addresses for the last 50+ years, etc. The only thing I won't give you is my SS# for obvious reasons. And yes, I put my SS# on the form.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The gurg View Post
    Thankfully here in Alabama, if you have a valid ccw, they don't have to do another background check before purchase.
    Amen.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

5. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I used to get delayed every time, while they checked to see if the local famous murderer by the same name was still in jail, I guess. No delay now that I have my CC permit
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

6. Member
    As an update, I think I have already said I was good to go on the 3rd day. I picked up another rifle last week and was wondering how it would go. Was out the door in less than 5 minutes. So who knows what was going on, but it looks like things are back to normal!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12