Triton TR 196 Garage Size

I currently have an 08 TR 186 in a 20x20 garage with swing tongue. I have to angle the boat some but I am looking to upgrade to TR 196 soon and was wonder does anyone have the TR 196 in a 20x20 foot garage with single garage door and how did it fit.
    Last edited by Scott AU; 03-10-2018 at 10:12 PM.

I don’t have the boat, but I have a garage that is too short for my boat and this is what I did. Not the cheapest, but worth every penny. If your garage is 20’x20’ you should be able to jack up the trailer and swing the stern in no problem. Really easy to maneuver the boat once it’s on a set of these dollies.
    https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2550_200612550

Also, if you go this route, make sure the dollies have bearings in the wheels like the ones I posted. I was going through some reviews when I was looking and I guess people either didn’t read the specs or just didn’t know that wheels with no bearings are very hard to push while under heavy loads...

One thing to keep in mind is the opening of your garage...So i probably lose almost 2 feet on mine due to the size of the garage door. It's not the full length of my garage. I have a TR-18 so Mine is 18'6...Now that being said I did have a TR-19 in there for a 2 weeks...it was impossible to get in and out due to the tandem trailer. If you're going to have a tandem trailer you will not be able to swing it (push it) by yourself. I have to put mine in diagonal as well.

Good luck.
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

I have a 20x20 garage and a 20'9" boat inside, diagonal with the tongue folded. I have 4 of the wheel dollies, jack the boat up and carefully maneuver the boat into place, I tried with only 2 dollies and it was not gonna work.

By myself from the boat backed in straight and attached to the truck I can have it inside and door closed in about 15 mins, once its on the dollies it's pretty simple.

Now, once inside I have an openining just big enough to get inside the garage door and just enough room to get into the laundry room, there are scars on the walls that need to be addressed from trial and error during my learning curb.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

5. Member
    sounds like it is going to be a tight fit. Of course I may need to remodel my closet a little more for the motor to sit in. Depending on if the trailer is dual or single will make a difference. Prefer to have a dual but allot of the Tr 196 have a single axle trailer, which is what I have now anyway.

Get the wheel dollies and you'll get it in no problem.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"