Now my Atlas quit.

Getting ready to trailer home and was lowering my Atlas. At about 7 it just stopped. Relays click when I operate the probtrim, but not when I use the buttons on the gauge. Found the 40 amp fuse and it’s good. Is there an in-line fuse between the relays and the Motor? I tried to follow them by hand and I found nothing. Thing is 2 months old. Heading to the lake at 3am and I’ll run it at 7 if nobody has any suggestions. All connections in the console are good.

2. Member
    145 views and no comments? Did all the troubleshooting that TH recommended and it appears the Motor is shorted out and may have gotten the relays. They told me to connect the blue and green wires directly to a battery. Touched the green to the positive post and there was a big flash. Same with the blue. Now the relay doesn’t make any noise when you try to raise the plate. It still clicks when you try to lower. Still no blown fuses. Hope to get this fixed quick. Not really happy about it for sure. Not even 2 months old and I had been bragging about how well it worked.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    That sucks....does THM replace the whole thing or just motor?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Sounds like the motor is shorted. I'm guessing it should move when directly wired like you did it and throwing sparks tells me it's shorted out

5. Member
    TH is sending me a new actuator and relay harness. Yes the motor appears to be shorted out and they are concerned it may have damaged the relays. They haven’t asked for shipping payment yet. I’ll be upset if they do. It’s less than a month old. So far they’ve been very helpful. We’ll see how it goes. They are shipping it out Thursday. They offered to ship it yesterday, but I asked them to wait since I’m going to be out of town the end of the week.

The replacement is an entire motor/actuator assembly.

6. Member
    I doubt they ask for shipping paymemt. If the replacement is the motor/actuator assembly you will probably be good. If you hear it click when you hit the up/down That's the relays so they are still working. If it didn't short out any other wiring you will be alright

7. Member
    145 views and no comments that's pretty sad, I bet the windings internally are shorted ohm it out if you have a multimeter and basic knowledge of electrical it's not hard but you seem to have that figured out already.

8. Member
    TH told me to direct connect the blue and green wires to the battery. I should have checked for grounded windings first. Heck of a spark. Motor goes straight to ground with a volt meter. Should have my actuator assembly Monday or Tuesday. I’m waiting to try out my new Fury 4 25 and haven’t really bothered with the jack stuck at 7.

9. Member
    4 blade 25 runs good on my R boat gets great hole shot and lifts my heavy 21.7 ft boat out of the water at top speed. T&H should take care of you they are a great company hopefully you'll be back up and on the water enjoying your boat. I just had to fix my brakes cause the dealership did it wrong 4 wheel disc and they are 2.5 hrs from me all good now.

10. Member
    You should have seen what one 4 wheel drive shop did to my front disc brakes when I had them install a Mile Marker kit. The swaging for the lug studs were between the disc and hub, throwing out the disc a LOT The manager said to just turn the rotor. Even new rotors would have been wasted doing that, it was so far out. I took off the hubs & rotors and had another shop fix it. I told the original shop that there was no way I'd let them touch it again.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

11. Member
    Hey so DM me if you cant get anywhere or find one I bought one for a very good price new but the site is hard to find... here is my Atlas/TH Marine rant for all to hear!!! So my motor went out as well, the relay worked crossed the wires and no joy so I called TH Marine to get a new one they tell me "they are $700+ dollars and we don't recommend you buy the motor off us because you can find them cheaper in other places" So after looking into it I took it to a local hydraulic shop who says yep its shot and the parts are proprietary to the company... So I found an authorized Parker Hydraulic shop thinking if its proprietary surely a true parker shop will be able to help. Nope They called their vendors and said yes TH Marine owns the rights to the pump as a whole and you cant buy parts. SOOOOOOOO my gripe is why the hell would TH Marine have proprietary rights to there pump, be the exclusive vendor of this pump, but tell me a paying customer who to this point enjoyed your products.... TO BUY IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE!!!! Ok rant over I ended up paying about $250 less from a third party company that I have no clue why they sell it but they did and it was shipped in two days... Let me know if you want the link.
    AFTCO
    Picasso Lures
    Vicious Line
    Denali Rods
    RedTail Optix
    RedTail Republic
    https://www.facebook.com/KyleMetzgerFishing

12. Member
    TH shipped my actuator and relay system today. Sent it 2nd day so it should be here Thursday. Fingers crossed.

13. Banned
    Interested to hear how this turned out... The one issue I had with my Atlas was covered quickly by TH Marine at no cost to me.

djd

14. Member
    Got all my parts in and it’s working great. No complaints with service. Just bummed it happened.

Didnt cost me anything but my time.