River conditions

So planning on going to mattawoman tomorrow. How's the river? Lots of debris and dead heads or has it cleared up to about normal?

Heard through the grapevine there snapping pretty good if you find right area. Slow dragging plastics. Low fourty degree waters.

3. Member
    44 yesterday with 6"-12" visibility in Belmont/Occoquan. Did run the main river a little and did not see anything floating.

4. Member
    46 yesterday at belle haven when I pulled out and 52 or so at blue plains, water was in pretty good shape. Crankbaits around concrete/rocky/rip rap points produced fish north of the WW bridge.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera II

5. Member
    Looks like ice on the water in Tim's river cam this morning. I was out a week and half ago and had a really good day fishing shallow. Might have to wait a little while on that again.

6. Member
    I was out Saturday. Mattawoman looked like chocolate milk. Didn't even get a bite on squarebill, traps, jigs. Fished shallow and deep. Was thinking about going to Belmont but it was too cold for this guy.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    I was out Saturday. Mattawoman looked like chocolate milk. Didn't even get a bite on squarebill, traps, jigs. Fished shallow and deep. Was thinking about going to Belmont but it was too cold for this guy.
    What was the water temp Saturday?

8. Member
    41.9 to 42.1

9. Member
    I heard that earlier in the week the back of Occoquan had cleared up and was on fire. I'm just waiting on the boat to be ready.

10. Member
    was out today. put over at marshall hall and rode down Piscataway! 3ft waves wind blowing 20mph and Piscataway was brown.. boat ramp was junk still not fixed from where 20 feet is missing. water temp was 40.5-41.. and weather doesn't show anything good for the next 2 weeks
    2003 skeeter sx200. 200hp Yamaha vmax ox66.
    hook 9 and hook 7
    dual Bluetooth gauge style radio and speakers
    109lb motor guide tour trolling motor
    dual power pole pro series
    atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate
    custom rims
    live well full of hogs.

11. Member
    ... 20' of the Marshall Hall pier missing or the ramp? Is it useable at low tide. Any pics?

Thanks for the info #1.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    41.9 to 42.1
    I did a little "shore ratting" last night after work in Occoquan Regional Park, the water was very clear, can't tell you the water temps but I did manage to catch 2 nice bass in the 3lb range dragging a small plastic dripping with smelly jelly up the drop offs. The fish weren't that deep, I'm guessing maybe 6 - 8', nice green color which tells me they weren't way deep.

13. Member
    lew from maryland it is usable if you are dumping your boat with a co angler driving the truck. only 1 place to tie up and thats at the end of the pier which isnt very far off shore because most of it broke off in the ice. low tide was 1ft of water and i suggest if you have a hydraulic jackplate raise it all the way up when sitting there. my boat trailer was past the boat when i back the truck in. tailgate of my truck was almost parallel to the boat tied up when backing in. its that short. you cant tie up on left or right side or your boat will be sitting on the ramp.
    2003 skeeter sx200. 200hp Yamaha vmax ox66.
    hook 9 and hook 7
    dual Bluetooth gauge style radio and speakers
    109lb motor guide tour trolling motor
    dual power pole pro series
    atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate
    custom rims
    live well full of hogs.

14. Member
    Thanks for the info #1!