Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depdog60 View Post
    Thanks for your feedback KF. Nice to know your opinion on the G2. I was looking at the RT too and would've done the Pro XS rather than the 4s if I found one before I found this leftover Bass Cat.I also got the 10 yr warranty, maybe because it's a '17 model, not sure but certainly goes a long way to pushing people off the fence if they're undecided between motors. I really like the case design and paint match panels too, it really brings the package together. I went down to look at the boat today in person and was impressed. The dealer was saying, no specific break in required either. I also like the winterizing (fogging) feature not that it's a real big real to do but doing it from the throttle beats pulling the cover and plugs, etc. Can't wait to get the boat home and get it wet. The weather's gotta cooperate some though!!
    Sounds good Bro!

Keep us posted, you can even PM me anytime you like. I'm glad to hear you got the 10 yr warranty, how can anyone beat that. Granted there are a couple little things that haters will point out like a $50 deductible after 3 years... and that's only IF there is a problem.

No break in, take it out and Let 'er eat! They like to run! The self winterization is a beautiful thing, you can do it in your driveway w/ a garden hose or from the water on your last outing.

I will say that the boat that I came out of (PT175 w/ a Merc 60HP) gave me zero problems for the 10 years that I had her and she caught me lots-o fish, so I am hoping and praying for the same w/ the RT and G2, and I predict that it will be another good experience.

Best of luck and congrats on finding such a sweet deal. Keep us posted...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Sounds good Bro!

Keep us posted, you can even PM me anytime you like. I'm glad to hear you got the 10 yr warranty, how can anyone beat that. Granted there are a couple little things that haters will point out like a $50 deductible after 3 years... and that's only IF there is a problem.

No break in, take it out and Let 'er eat! They like to run! The self winterization is a beautiful thing, you can do it in your driveway w/ a garden hose or from the water on your last outing.

I will say that the boat that I came out of (PT175 w/ a Merc 60HP) gave me zero problems for the 10 years that I had her and she caught me lots-o fish, so I am hoping and praying for the same w/ the RT and G2, and I predict that it will be another good experience.

Best of luck and congrats on finding such a sweet deal. Keep us posted...
    Thanks brother! Your smile must have been as wide as the beam the first day you went out in it! Nice upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    Congratulations on a great rig. Did you ask about the foot pedal upgrade and while i am spending your money too a simple addition I would make is the RPM tune. It allows you to fine tune the RPM at any revs and being the boat has the premium control you can add this.
    I didn't add the Hot Foot. I've never had one so don't feel like I'll miss it. I would like to know more about the premium control though. I'll PM you an image of the dash. I looked at the tach and all it has are the warning lights in the bottom of the gauge and not sure if this means the engine info is from NMEA or direct wired.

4. Member
    No problems, I do like the foot pedal personally. From the photo is does have the premium control box and my guess would be BCB would fit generic gauges. With the premium c/box you can add that RPM tune I mentioned and it is not that expensive either-down here in our dollars it is around $150 from memory.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Looks like a System check tach to me. Not an ICON gauge.

7. Member
    Yes aftermarket basic gauge. You will not be able to do anything like turn I-trim on/off or change steering inputs if it does not come with an ICON gauge like the 3.5cs or larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    Yes aftermarket basic gauge. You will not be able to do anything like turn I-trim on/off or change steering inputs if it does not come with an ICON gauge like the 3.5cs or larger.
    I'm trying to find out the cost to add the 3.5. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12