Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Absolute BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLW is a complete Joke
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Took about 1 minute to find them which is really surprising considering how I sometimes think the layout of the FLW site makes it hard to find things...once you click on the link I provided, then click on Off Limits and Additional Info

https://www.flwfishing.com/tournamen...ake-cumberland

*PRESENTED BY GENERAL TIRE

Restricted access begins Mar 9, 2018 for pros only.
    All competition waters are off limits Mar 26-Apr 7, 2018 to pros only.
    All competition waters are off limits to pros and co-anglers Wednesday, Apr 5, 2018.

Off Limits: Standard FLW off limits as defined in Rule #14 plus entire area inside the no-wake buoys at General Burnside State Park (see map at www.flwfishing.com). There is no fishing inside the break barriers at Conley Bottom Marina and Burnside Marina (See other Marina no-fishing).

Fishing License: A Kentucky fishing license is required and can be purchased by phone at 877.598.2401 or online at takemefishing.org.

Catch Limit: 5; Size Limit: 12" on all bass *NO CULLING OF DEAD FISH ALLOWED*

Service trailers will locate at Burnside State Park beginning April 9, 2018.
    I said it would be sorted out before 12. I was going to call them but forgot.

I think it is BS to change the length for "pro" fisherman. I can't imagine this will go the way FLW thinks, I can see a lot of complaints to them and kdfwr.

3. Member
    What a joke. I can see dropping it some, but not below 16 on smallmouth for high school tournaments simply because it's loaded with them, but dropping it for the pros is absolutley pitiful in my opinion. They should have to do like the rest of us do at any given time & throw back 17 & 3/4 " smallmouth. Absolutley pitiful.
    Last edited by Les Young; 03-12-2018 at 08:18 PM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    What a joke. I can see dropping it some, but not below 16 on smallmouth for high school tournaments simply because it's loaded with them, but dropping it for the pros is absolutley pitiful in my opinion. They should have to do like the rest of us do at any given time & throw back 17 & 3/4 " smallmouth. Absolutley pitiful.
    Agree. Flw and kdfwr have some splaining to do. The Somerset chamber of commerce really that powerful?

maybe all tournaments should demand fair treatment and all fisherman on a daily basis. money talks and bs walks i guess.
    Ranger Forever

6. Banned
    I personally have no problem with it. Wouldn't hurt my feelings for standard 12" limit for all tournaments, larger limits for meat eaters.

7. Member
    TR21 this great lake is in our backyard we really don't like to see it raped and pillaged. How is one group more privileged or any better than everyone as to think they don't have to follow the same rules as everyone else?
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

8. Member
    Looks like the KDFW can be bought too.

9. Member
    Raped and pillaged? You guys know these fish are going to be released, right? Mortality rate for smallmouth in spring water temperatures is extremely low. They were granted the exception after KDFW took these facts into account, and undoubtedly came to a conclusion that the fishery impact would be negligible.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Banned
    When is the last time largemouth or smallmouth had a 12” size limit on Cland?

11. Member
    My goodness I got some people interested in that post. I respect all of your opinions. I think most of us have a genuine care for the lake and want to look out for it. We just differ a little in how to go about that. I strongly agree (accept as fact) that the impact on the fishery will be negligible. These guys have excellent fish handling systems, and this tournament occurs in the spring when water temps will be favorable for survival. I don't think there will be a single angler hooking a fish that won't care about it's ultimate survival long after they hit the road. As to why FLW Tour stop is permitted to have the regulation relaxed and your local bass clubs are not, there are a multitude of reasons why I personally agree with the exception that I won't bore you with. I fish Cumberland year around and care deeply about the fishery. I believe that FLW outdoors and all the fishermen participating (local or not) feel the same. I think it will make for an even more fun event than it was last year. I hope The FLW Tour makes our lake an annual stop on their schedule. Maybe we can be the new Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    My goodness I got some people interested in that post. I respect all of your opinions. I think most of us have a genuine care for the lake and want to look out for it. We just differ a little in how to go about that. I strongly agree (accept as fact) that the impact on the fishery will be negligible. These guys have excellent fish handling systems, and this tournament occurs in the spring when water temps will be favorable for survival. I don't think there will be a single angler hooking a fish that won't care about it's ultimate survival long after they hit the road. As to why FLW Tour stop is permitted to have the regulation relaxed and your local bass clubs are not, there are a multitude of reasons why I personally agree with the exception that I won't bore you with. I fish Cumberland year around and care deeply about the fishery. I believe that FLW outdoors and all the fishermen participating (local or not) feel the same. I think it will make for an even more fun event than it was last year. I hope The FLW Tour makes our lake an annual stop on their schedule. Maybe we can be the new Beaver
    Just wait till somebody stakes claim to a ledge on KY lake
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

13. Member
    There was a tournament on Cumberland last fall that actually RAISED the size limit on spots to 15". FLW guys know the size limit for smallmouth going into the tournament, you would think they would just adjust and focus on largemouth and spots.

14. Member
    No reason to go below 15" on the smallies or largemouth. Plenty of them that size to go around. It would help the weights significantly from last year at that reduction. No reason to put everything at 12". Only thing I can think of is that there was a lot of size infractions at weigh-in due to the varying size limit based on species. Must've pushed for a standard size to simplify.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    I have no problem with them coming here, but i sure don't like the reduction in size one bit & i tournament fish almost every weekend. I also hope it;s not the new beaver at all.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassky View Post
    There was a tournament on Cumberland last fall that actually RAISED the size limit on spots to 15". FLW guys know the size limit for smallmouth going into the tournament, you would think they would just adjust and focus on largemouth and spots.
    i fished that tourney and the overall results were plum embarrasing with 1 or 2 bags over 10lbs.

You also cant forget that the flw is an angler/co angler format. Maybe theyre trying to help the cos be able to weigh a fish. The reason the tourism boards pay money to get the large tournies to come to their lakes is exposure to draw fisherman in, and 3/4 of the field not weighing a limit doesnt help. If you think they give a damn about a handful of 12-15" smallies youre wrong. The size limit changes will help the lake show out a little better
    They aint got hands, set the hook

17. Member
    I fished co angler in the FLW Tour tourney last year as well. Day one I had one 12" (BARELY) spot and one 18" (BARELY) smallmouth. But the funny part (or not) was that on day 1 I had at least 5 smallmouth on that I strongly believed were 18"+ keepers the entire time I was reeling them in. My pro was sort of made to stand there with the net and wait all that time until I was ready for him to land my fish. All of them were between 17 and 17 3/4 I felt kind of bad for "wasting" his time. This is something everyone goes through in tournaments at any level. Just a funny story. This year if that happens I'll be sitting pretty. But maybe everyone else would too.

18. Member
    I didn't mean Beaver as in the quality of fishery. I meant Beaver as in a yearly stop. I want our lake to crank out the best quality fish possible.

19. Banned
    If the KDFW doesn't have a problem with it then neither do I... We do pay them to make these kind of decisions... Dan

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    If the KDFW doesn't have a problem with it then neither do I... We do pay them to make these kind of decisions... Dan
    I still think it’s bullsh*t simply because they should have to go by the lake regulations period since the fish & wildlife set the regs then abide by it. I sure wouldn’t get to excited about landing baby sized 12” smallmouth. Heck I wear them things out most times looking for the 18”ers & get pretty danged aggravated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12