Thread: Hambys?

Hambys?

Im wanting to have one installed on the Intimidator and was wondering about placement, size and either heavy duty or light duty. Im sure someone has been down this road with way the boat sits and curve of the hull. Any help would be greatly Appreciated. Boat place has all the equipment but has never put one on a g and knows im very picky about my baby.

Hamby's Beaching Bumper all the way. No doubt, they are tough to apply on the Gambler hull. Hamby's just replaced mine after 17 years.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Member
    What hull is yours and how far back did you start it?

4. Member
    Hamby’s original heavy duty
    8’
    start it just below the strake below the bow eye

it will go all the way down to where the hull starts to flatten out offering best hull protection with no adverse performance issues.

installer will need to use double the normal amount of straps to install it properly.

will have to use a board and jack to hold the hamby’s flat to the hull until glue cures.

use permatex super seal black to fill in gap at the strake the hamby’s covers.

5. Member
    I just had my Hamby's heavy duty keel guard come half off. Don't know when it started but I rub down every time in the water so is a mystery to me. It was about half off and hanging down. I was close to a Ranger dealership and they said they would fix it. FYI, it is on a 2012 Phoenix. After 4 days the dealership called and told me they were not going to be able to fix it. They had taken the rest of the way off. There was glue on the boat but a high pressure sprayer at a car wash knocked it right off.
    I have called the Phoenix dealer that boat was purchased from and they have contacted Hamby's to see what they will do. I'm thinking this was an install issue and I shouldn't be out any money. Anybody have any opinion on what to expect.

Just a guess..Hamby's will sell you a replacement at a discount. Installation will be on you. That's what they did for me.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Just a guess..Hamby's will sell you a replacement at a discount. Installation will be on you. That's what they did for me.
    Not for a original beaching bumper, it has to be installed by a dealer.
    epoxy and fiber materials are used to bond it to the hull.

i wounldnt waste my time with a stick on keel guard.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Not for a original beaching bumper, it has to be installed by a dealer.
    epoxy and fiber materials are used to bond it to the hull.

i wounldnt waste my time with a stick on keel guard.

LOL...I was referring to the cost of the installation, not the actual installation.