2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO all of you 130 or 140 max hp guys know, one company knows your worries, the 130 e-tec, is not a ghost, its coming. A undisclosed rep has driven it and here are some true facts. It is obviously based on the v-4 block,"GREAT", brp is changing the cowl to differentiate it from the 115. The rep drove it and the 25/30, he said the 130 is an animal, and it will be in our hands summer 2008, maybe sooner. What the problem was the cleanliness and running ability of the 130 in the past, if some other brp has facts chime in, it is not a myth we will all be happy this summer, I HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU

2. Member

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,!! ... (bworner1976)

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,!! ... (johnrude)

Yep 2 more weeks, .

4. Member

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,!! ... (bworner1976)

Its summer here...So where is it

I think a 130hp E-TEC would have a difficult time competing with a 135hp Opti, since the 135hp Opti is basically a 150hp anyway. I guess time will tell, if it actually does hit the floor.

I'd rather see a 9.9hp and a 25hp since BRP has left those models in limbo with no more Johnson carbed or 4-strokes. The only thing is "if" the 25hp E-TEC is built will it be competitively priced with the China made Merc 25hp 4-stroke?

TOLD YA, TOLD YA, TOLD YA,

Why doesn't anybody ever believe me.

This is only the beginning guys.

2008 is gonna be a GREATTTTTTT year.

================================================== ===

ALWAYS Prop your E-Tec to it\'s OPTIMUM RPM - CHECK yours HERE >> http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=703860
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````
    DEDICATED to the Preservation of OUR EVINRUDE_JOHNSON_OMC_E-Tec HERITAGE

EVINRUDE CENTENARY YEAR: 1909 > 2009 \"100 years of FUN on the water\"

7. Member

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,T ... (LIQUID NIRVANA)

The weight and the stars will make the difference....

and by the way L.N. i always believed in you

See ya

This is my backyard
    This is the new fence!!
    http://s168.photobucket.com/al...3.flv
    The other side!
    http://i168.photobucket.com/al...9.jpg

8. Moderator

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,T ... (jorgeparagon)

I think I just need to pick up the family and move there. I'm tired of seeing these pictures.
    Jason Phillips

9. Member

If this is true, I will not be dealing with BRP again!!!! i have just spent thousands of POUNDS STERLING on a 115 that is to be frank no better than the ficht i had!
    every rep said no, who ever i ask said no, no i just feel like i have been conned!
    Phantom

10. Member

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,!! ... (Phantom)

so you know, not everyone knows the for sure about the 130, i live 1 hour from the factory and am very close with the company i guess you could say, i was sworn to secretcy but since others are talkin i could not keep it bottled up, your 115 is a hot ass motor, by far the best in its class, the next 115 down from the etec is the yammie/suzuki. brp cannot let everyone know about the future, what about the guys that buy a car at 50,000 bucks and then next month they go on sale, thats just the way it goes, it sucks but your 115 is a torque and ho monster for that size, and being a 115 is smooth as silk, brannon

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,!! ... (Phantom)

There is nobody out there alowed to modify the new "Green" technology motors. It is illegal. That emisions are what it is all about. You are racing against very old tech Yamaha carbed motors & they are finished. BRP can only release environmentally appropriate motors as can all the other manufacturers now. The 130 has so far been delayed for 2 or more years until they developed an engine that complied with the current regulations. I know you are dissapointed but at least you know now that it is coming. It is nobody's fault. Its called progress. The 115 is one GREAT motor. I would have not hesitation in purchasing one. The resale value should be great when you trade on a 130hp.
    ================================================== ===

ALWAYS Prop your E-Tec to it\'s OPTIMUM RPM - CHECK yours HERE >> http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=703860
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````
    DEDICATED to the Preservation of OUR EVINRUDE_JOHNSON_OMC_E-Tec HERITAGE

EVINRUDE CENTENARY YEAR: 1909 > 2009 \"100 years of FUN on the water\"

12. Member

I would like to say sorry to all who have read my rant! It is nothing but pure frustration. And, if i am honest a lot of hot air.
    The etec is a very good engine, ( for the record i really liked the DI though)
    and i am sure i will always have an etec, i know it is about emmisions but i really thought the 130 was going to be my life line as i am struggling here in the uk to make people understand that all the old smokers should be thrown away but unfortunatly the general response is until they see a reliable and competative motor the majority will stay with carbs as long as they can, this engine was going to be my I TOLD YOU SO! and to be honest i was told the etec was a better motor than the Ficht, unfortunatley i can not see where my gains are for my £££££'s
    I really wanna go out and spank some peoples asses!!"
    So, once again please would you all accept my appologies.

13. Member

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,T ... (Phantom)

Phantom, I am curious, why isn't the E-tec any better than your old DI? I would think if it produced the same power, but got better mileage and less emissions, it would be a good purchase.

Modified \'92 Procraft 170 Combo/\'97 Johnson 130<U></U>

14. Member

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,T ... (ProcraftMike)

I have niot noticed any significant differences on fuel consumption and i was also told that it had better power delivery and torque.
    All round, i do honestly like the etec but i was waiting (like the rest of the world lol) for the 130. i had basically been on the edge of my seat for 2 years waiting for the release date when i first saws the brochures with the 130 in it.
    A few people had posted on here saying they had done a straight swop from DI to etec and had 2-4 mph gain!
    I guess i was just hoping for that.

Happy new year to you all
    Phantom

15. Member

Hello Everyone,

First off, I'm a new member to BBC.
    I stopped by my E-tec dealer yesterday to pick up some 2+4, and asked about the '08 e-tec brochure, the new 300hp and the 130hp. He said he hadn't heard of the 130 being released, just the 300 was coming soon. I sure hope L.N. is right though, IMO, 115-150hp is a pretty big gap in hp and they should bring back the 130 to fill that void. Guess we'll see.

16. Member

Re: 2008 130 E-TEC V-4 IS ON WAY 4 SURE,T ... (BESman)

Deleted by ....

This is my backyard
    This is the new fence!!
    http://s168.photobucket.com/al...3.flv
    The other side!
    http://i168.photobucket.com/al...9.jpg