Considering Garmin

I am an up north Walleye guy. I currently run 3 Helix 9s on my main boat.

However, I am considerin Garmin for my back-up boat. What is the difference in Striker and the SV line-up other than pricepoint. I will utilize down and side-imaging. To add a wrinkle I would like to utiliize Panoptics with the ice bundle during the winter months as well.

What are peoples thoughts and recommendations??

2. Member
    My suggestion would be either echomap chirp model or the echomap plus in a nine inch configuration. This would be budget friendly so to speak. Only other advice I would have is you will want to use panoptix on your boat also. The PS 22 would be an excellent start for both ice and boat.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

I just picked up an Echomap 93sv with Lake HD and clear view transducer for $650 (new off of Ebay). For that price it is worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    My suggestion would be either echomap chirp model or the echomap plus in a nine inch configuration. This would be budget friendly so to speak. Only other advice I would have is you will want to use panoptix on your boat also. The PS 22 would be an excellent start for both ice and boat.
    This what you want. 93SV with Panoptics

I was on the water yesterday and was heading to a tree I had marked underwater and I didn’t want to run it over. Usually the water is so clear I can spot the tree. The water had rolled and was green so I was beside myself and then it hit me! I have Panoptics! Switched on my PS22 and there was my tree 30 ft in front of the boat. Easy! Oh, and no fish on it.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luveyes View Post
    I just picked up an Echomap 93sv with Lake HD and clear view transducer for $650 (new off of Ebay). For that price it is worth a try.
    Was it echomap 93sv or echomap CHIRP 93sv?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I was gonna ask the same thing but I dont think the Non chirp ever came with a clear view transducer.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Yes with CHIRP. Complete with ducer. Seller has good rating. Will believe it if it shows up at my door.
    Last edited by luveyes; 03-10-2018 at 08:20 AM.