Play in the swivel bracket

I have a 2000 Mercury 225 EFI, OT019834. I have noticed a significant amount of play in the area of the swivel pin assembly. I have the service manual, however it does not give part #s. Would I need to replace the bracket as well as the pin assembly, or just the pin assembly?

2. Member
    usually not the swivel brk tube or pin yoke and bushings most times
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Can those be replaced without pulling the power Head?

4. Member
    no sir
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Fantastic. Guess it’s gonna have to wait until winter.

6. Member
    Sometimes you can pump it full of grease and tighten up the tension screw, at least that will last you till winter. Good luck.

7. Member
    don't know of that screw on 3.0L

8. Member
    Your right, that motor probably won’t have one. My bad

9. Member
    If yours is like mine was,the swivel pin has worn the top of the swivel bracket causing excess play at the bottom yoke which eventually took out the bushings...and the splines on the yoke and swivel pin rusted and were loose. What I did was ordered all the repair parts pertaining to the bushings plus several extra top thrust washers. I managed to find a used stainless swivel pin and yoke which solved the rust problem. Used the extra top thrust washers to take up the slack in the worn bracket. Been 6 yrs now and no problems.

10. Member

11. Member
    I just replaced the swivel pin and yoke on a 2003 115 merc. Thought it was going to be the bushings but turned out to the spline on the bottom of he pin.
    Put it off for 2 years because everything I read said what a PIA it was.
    Only took me 5 hours and cost $510 in parts.

12. Member
    worst part is scraping gaskets