2018 Talon pairing

I will be posting this under FAQ on my website soon, but until then I will pin it to the top of this forum.
    The 2018 Bluetooth Talons come with two remotes. These remotes are already paired to the Talon they come with. However, if you install two talons, the Talons will need to be paired with each other. Once paired with each other, and the starboard side is recognized, all 4 remotes will work with both Talons.
    To pair the Talons:
    run the talons up then down using the keypad on the Talons. this insures the Talons are in the full up position
    on one of the Talons, hold the up and down buttons in until it begins to flash, release and quickly repeat the process on the other Talon. If they go for apx 20 seconds and you hear a tone, they did not pair and timed out. repeat the process. When paired you will get 3 quick beeps. If they time out the second time, it means the bluetooth "slots" are filled (happens some times from the factory). To clear, disconnect power. With power disconnected, hold the up button on one of the Talons and reconnect power. The talon will beep and display a light. Repeat the process with the other Talon. The Bluetooth ports are not cleared and the remotes will not longer work. Program two remotes to one, two remotes to the other by (on each remote) holding the up and down arrow buttons down while doing the same on the Talon until you hear the beeps. Repeat for each remote. Now you can pair the Talons according to the directions above.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

2. Member
    Also If I may add because it was very confusing to me - if you want to use your ipilot remote with your talons, you can do that but first you need to update your ipilot system and your talon VIA the smart phone app. Once that's completed you can put the talon in pairing mode by holding the up and the down button like John said. once your talon is in pairing mode hold the pair button the head of your ultrex until you hear the 3 beeps meaning the pairing is complete. You DO NOT pair the talons to the iPilot remote directly, you pair them to the head of the ultrex. Hope that helps you all.
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

3. Member
    Installed two new talons today. Paired them together so one remote controls both, remotes and talon app works great. I can’t get the
    i-pilot link to pair. With the talon in pair mode (blue lights on) I press the pair button on the ultrex, it just beeps. If I hold the pair button it’s a continuous beep. Also, don’t see anything about talon on the ultrex link remote. The apps for the talons and ultrex say they are up to date?
    Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

4. Member
    Stan, I had to hold the button on the head of the ultrex for about 10-15 seconds and it continues to beep the whole time. Don’t be afraid to hold it for quite a while.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowedin3 View Post
    Stan, I had to hold the button on the head of the ultrex for about 10-15 seconds and it continues to beep the whole time. Don’t be afraid to hold it for quite a while.
    Did you have a Talon icon on your ultrex link remote after it paired?
    Thanks,

Stan Stone

6. Member
    Yes I did and could make it go up and down. If you’re having problem then your ultrex or ultrex remote might not be updated. Use your smart phone to do the updates.

7. Member
    I don’t see a Talon icon on my remote and the app says the software is current. I didn’t know if the pairing puts the icon on the link remote or if it’s the software. I will check the remote software update and hold the button down on the ultrex longer to see if they will pair. Thanks for your help.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone

8. Member
    Thanks for all the information everyone! I'm just waiting for it to warm up so I can sit in my boat and start pairing the Talons to my IPilot.

Another question........I have a 15" Solix at the helm and a 12" Solix at the bow. I could not find any information with all the paperwork I got for my new boat about pairing the Talons with both my Solix units. Can anyone shed some light on how to pair these..?

Thanks!

M

9. Member
    Found the info I was looking for...

M