Active Captain Helm

I’ve tried both my iPad and Samsung note..everything sinks up good including messaging and download upload waypoints etc..only thing I can’t figure out is Helm is not working..I hit the tab for Helm and always shows not connected..everything else on the app is working..Bluetooth and wireless...new 93sv plus

2. Member
    This may not be it but I thought I'd pass it along. After you click the tab for Helm, there is one more click. I thought the same thing until I connected the phone to a network of three units. Once Helm was selected it then showed the three units below and I had to select which one to use. Same thing happens when it's one unit. One more click.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Helm is not compatible with Echomap units, only Gpsmap.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrochris View Post
    Helm is not compatible with Echomap units, only Gpsmap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Thanks Chris for straightening that out. I get my units mixed up sometimes. It must have been the 942xs I was using when I saw that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrochris View Post
    Thank you so much..man I wished the plus would get this as software update..on YouTube this feature looks great!

7. Member
    I wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone knows if Garmin is going to make the helm feature of active captain compatible with echo map units via a software update?
    Buddy Webster USN(retired)

2007 Triton TR-196 w/200 Optimax
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4
    2003 Jeep Rubicon
    http://www.bbcboards.net/swap-sell/

8. Member
    Just my opinion but feature sets are tied to price. Generally the echomap units cost less than GPSMAP units and so have selected less features.