Newer Crestliner VT17 questions

How much room is in the front main storage compartment next to the rod locker? Is it just the size of the opening or does it extend underneath the deck? If so, how much?

What size boxes do the back 2 storage compartments hold?

Also, any other options for a tool holder beside the Suremount one without drilling into the boat? That Suremount one is pretty steep for tool holder. ($48+$17 shipping)

2. Member
    The front compartment is very large. Way bigger than the hatch, pretty much the size of the front deck. I wish they would add a hatch on the right side in front of the console. That would make it easier to get at some stuff in there. 3700 size trays in back 3 or 4 per side cant remember right now, boat is in storage. Also like the passenger rod ramp in the newer models, mine is a 2013 and does not have it.

3. Member
    For front deck tool storage, I just use a small plastic container with a hone cut in it held down by my front seat post. Kinda redneck but works great.
    Last edited by alanhore; 03-09-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Not sure about the 17 but my 18 storage extends all the way to the front of the boat on both sides as well as the middle. The length of the openings on the side compartments is one of the reasons I chose the Crestliner. I don't know why other brands compartment doors are so much shorter. The back compartments hold 3 tackle treys each or can be cold storage as they have drain holes for ice and insulated lids.
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17