Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 175 200 225 four strokes

Got to see them in person at the Milwaukee sport show today. Not really that bad looking in person. I even think kind of nice, certainly better than the Evinudes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Already sold 2 pairs of em! Taking delivery the last week in April

Like them a lot. Looks are really nice , need to see in person and check oil one time and you will appreciate the Hood look
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

It grows on you. Very edgy. I like the silver lower unit on there also. I was kindof surprised the letters and graphics were so plain tho in a way. Hoping a pro xs styling will come along i like the red accents on the black motors. It is pretty cool tho looking forward to seei g some rigged in person.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by 2500 View Post
    check oil one time and you will appreciate the Hood look
    That's the one thing that I don't like!! Would hate to have to climb in the boat just to check oil. My house is on stilts and only about 7.5' clearance means I would have to move boat out just to check the oil..

Built this 3.4liters and make it at 475 lbs (215kg) is a real challenge, does this means theses new engines series doesn't use steel cylinder liners??

8. Member
    Most likely hard coat on aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    That's the one thing that I don't like!! Would hate to have to climb in the boat just to check oil. My house is on stilts and only about 7.5' clearance means I would have to move boat out just to check the oil..
    But just as easy standing behind motor or to the side. On and on it’s how you look at it. It’s really a nice motor. It’s easy. I have the Verado and tilt the hood up but I use a step stool if needed. On this hood it’s really a lot easier.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2500 View Post
    But just as easy standing behind motor or to the side. On and on it’s how you look at it. It’s really a nice motor. It’s easy. I have the Verado and tilt the hood up but I use a step stool if needed. On this hood it’s really a lot easier.
    Oh it would not be a deal breaker just something to get use to!!!!

I understand. When I ran the XS motors I would pop the cowling to look and now with the Verado it’s a top cover to lift up and with this deal it’s even simpler to look at oil level plus you can pull hood in boat or land with one motion
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smallykiller View Post
    Most likely hard coat on aluminum.
    Nope.

Steel sleeves.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Seems you would have the same problem if you had to remove the cowling (no clearance to do so).

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Nope.

Steel sleeves.
    Made me smile hearing this.

15. Member
    Seems you would have the same problem if you had to remove the cowling (no clearance to do so).
    But I don't have to remove the cowling on my 300 xs to check the oil just open a lid on the boat and look inside! LOL

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    But I don't have to remove the cowling on my 300 xs to check the oil just open a lid on the boat and look inside! LOL
    Aha! I thought we were talking about 175/200/225 Fourstrokes here.

17. Member
    Aha! I thought we were talking about 175/200/225 Fourstrokes here.
    Kind of comparing the two! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

18. Member
    I currently own a 150 xr6 carb motor which loves to drink. Do you think if i moved to one these new 4 strokes my fuel mileage would double?

19. Member
    Took a look at these at the Classic expo, I could not believe the sheer size of the entire package of the 175 it dwarfs the 150 Optimax on my Z-7. Is there a comparison of the dimensions somewhere out there between the 2 stroke/new 4 stroke/Verado.

Will most likely be repowering with the new 150 ProXS 4 stroke otherwise it would just look odd to me.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    Took a look at these at the Classic expo, I could not believe the sheer size of the entire package of the 175 it dwarfs the 150 Optimax on my Z-7. Is there a comparison of the dimensions somewhere out there between the 2 stroke/new 4 stroke/Verado.

Will most likely be repowering with the new 150 ProXS 4 stroke otherwise it would just look odd to me.
    The new 175 is only 20lbs heaver then the 150 and at a v6 vs an I4 and 3.4 vs 3.0 seems to be a no brainer to me..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast