Renewing boat registration

Anyone having or had trouble with the VDGIF website trying to renew your boat registration? Mine is set to expire at the end of the month and I received the notice in the mail a few weeks ago. In it they really pushed registering online, so I thought I would do just that, but the site is not working right. I enter all my info and when I hit submit it comes back with a error that my SSN is wrong. Thought I would check if it was just me or if anyone else ran into this. Might have to send it in the old fashioned way.

2. Member
    I just used the site the other day to look up when my fishing license expires and had no problem. But I did not try the boat registration.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    Thanks, I did the same for my fishing licence and no isseus doing that, so thought this would be a breeze as well. Will call the helpline in the morning and see if they can help me.

I had that same problem when I renewed my boat registration, I called and they fixed it in their system. The lady told me it was because they switched the operating system for their computers. I had no problem when renewing my fishing license though.

Just buy a new boat so you can avoid that nonsense
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Had same problem had to call them they fixed it......

7. Member
    Called the 1-800 number and the agent told me that my registration had been frozen for some reason and I was put through to the head office. Lady I spoke to seemed annoyed that I had somehow opened up 3 registrations for one boat and that was why my account was frozen. Tried to explain about the system glitching and that was probably the reason for the 3 applications.

From her tone she sounded like she had heard all about that from a bunch of folks before me and just wanted to get my situation fixed. After she finally got my account cleared it took all of 5 minutes to get my registration done and I will have it in 5-10 days. The IT department is probably getting an earfull from that lady I am sure.

8. Member
    I'm sure there are others with same issue registering their boat. Sounds like it is gonna fixed on the IT end.