Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The deploy actually takes two taps on the remote. The stow only takes one tap. But I am going to put my power pole remote in a place where it can’t possibly be accidentally hit. I saw a really good idea a few months ago where a friend of mine puts his in a tray that rests in the top of his trash can. It would be hard to accidentally deploy them there where stuff can’t bounce onto them.

2. Member
    2 taps on the remote to deploy the ulterra makes a lot of sense. I guess it’s still possible to accidentally do it but far less probable than 1 tap for sure.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

3. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Did you consider the Ulterra? I'm ust curious why you chose the Ultrex if you did.

I didn't like the idea of the shaft and the head hovering above the deck while in the stowed position. I do admit I never felt the pedal on the Ulterra but have been told it is not the same feel or responsiveness as that of a cable steer pedal. Yes, the remote can be used instead of the pedal but my hands are doing more with the rod and reel than to have to think about fumbling with a remote. I guess my brain is too simple to multitask. Now my foot, well that's a different story. I'm steering and such with the pedal and don't even think about it.

I saw Johnathon Bowling's Ulterra setup at last years rally and he has that mastered. I don't even recall seeing him use the pedal actually. He idles on up to the sand bar or dock area in the drivers seat, hits his remote and the TM drops in the water and he never leaves the drivers seat. That's cool. And I hear he wins a lot of Tourny's in TN so I guess the Ulterra works for him.

The Ultrex has lift assist and is easy as a feather to pick up or drop in. the pedal is so smooth and dead on accurate. The spot lock is worth the entire weight of the motor in gold.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Member
    Thanks for the info guys.

I can't decide which one I want to go with!!!

I've put less thought into a new vehicle purchase than I have over this

5. Member
    Joe, it won't be long before you and Seth come fishing with me. Try out my Ulterra when you come and then try out an Ultrex. That is unless you are in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    2 taps on the remote to deploy the ulterra makes a lot of sense. I guess it’s still possible to accidentally do it but far less probable than 1 tap for sure.
    I'm proof you don't need an Ulterra to auto deploy..

Had a great pattern going on main lake points so i was doing some runni&gunnin to check while prefishing a big tournament.
    Pulled the Terrova up to haul ass to next spot without making sure it had latched.. Was running close to 90 when I let out of the throttle she (Auto deployed)

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    ohshit
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

8. Member
    I've fished several tournaments where boats came in less a trolling motor from auto-deploying at WOT. LOL. Not an event I have ever wanted to experience.

It will ruin your day.
    I often wonder if another boat without the aluminum plate glassed in the mounting spot would have ripped the mount off.
    The only damage to the boat was minimal where the motor hit the hull.. The shaft was splintered but was still attached. luckily insurance paid for it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I'm proof you don't need an Ulterra to auto deploy..

Had a great pattern going on main lake points so i was doing some runni&gunnin to check while prefishing a big tournament.
    Pulled the Terrova up to haul ass to next spot without making sure it had latched.. Was running close to 90 when I let out of the throttle she (Auto deployed)
    That had to been a wild couple of moments

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Joe, it won't be long before you and Seth come fishing with me. Try out my Ulterra when you come and then try out an Ultrex. That is unless you are in a hurry.
    I should not be in a hurry Johnny, I like to refer to it as "impatient" but that's probably putting it a little too nicely. When I get something stuck in my head it becomes a challenge

We are looking forward to coming up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12