Pull up cleats 2012 ZX 190

Hey guys, have a question regarding my pop up cleats on my 12 ZX 190. The cleats that are stock, you pull up, and they have only a single post with a "T". In other words, it doesn't have a slot in the middle section to route a rope through. I'm worried that my rope will slip over the "T" while it's tied to the dock, especially on windy days. Maybe theres a way to tie to these things, but I can't figure it out. I just tied a small figure 8 follow through knot on one end and hope it doesn't slip off. Do I have options, or is there a way I'm supposed to tie to this thing? Is there a way to swap them out to another type of pop up or pull up cleat? Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Member
    I replaced mine on my 04 because I had the same concerns as you.

3. Member
    I had the same cleats on my TZX190. Other than being a pain to pull up they weren't a problem the few times a used them. Try the Airhead floating bungee dock lines. They work great.

4. Member
    Thanks...I'll give those a look

You mean like this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post

You mean like this one?
    That is what I’d like to have. Mine is just a single post with the “t” on top. It literally looks like a “T”. And they’re fairly small. I would like to replace them with what you have.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post

You mean like this one?
    These are the ones I used to replace mine.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    These are the ones I used to replace mine.
    Gotcha! Sorry bout that. How hard are they to replace?

PITA to install. I put this next to the drivers seat so I could tie the boat off easier. Those single pole cleats suck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CT85G5E?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Gotcha! Sorry bout that. How hard are they to replace?
    It has been a while, best I remember front ones were easy but back ones sucked.

11. Member
    Thanks for the idea Robert. Near the driver seat would be awesome. Mikeky, I think If I do this I may just replace the front ones. Whoever designed those single posts wasn’t thinking to much.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Hey guys, have a question regarding my pop up cleats on my 12 ZX 190. The cleats that are stock, you pull up, and they have only a single post with a "T". In other words, it doesn't have a slot in the middle section to route a rope through. I'm worried that my rope will slip over the "T" while it's tied to the dock, especially on windy days. Maybe theres a way to tie to these things, but I can't figure it out. I just tied a small figure 8 follow through knot on one end and hope it doesn't slip off. Do I have options, or is there a way I'm supposed to tie to this thing? Is there a way to swap them out to another type of pop up or pull up cleat? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    One of the worst ideas ever. I hate them. They get stuck closed and are hard to tie off with. I will be replacing mine soon and will post results.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

Had line come loose when tied to a dock, added 4 new cleats to boat and use the single pole ones to tie bumpers to them.
    2016 Skeeter Tzx190 Yamaha 175 SHO