Thread: PRO MAX PROP

PRO MAX PROP

I have been thinking about a new prop for the Stroker. May want to go with a Pro Max but can't decide between 26p and 28p. I still want some hole shot but fair speed. I run with a lot of junk in the boat but I am usually alone. Ever since i sold the 280ss and went to the 300xs I have not been able to get things just right. I am running a TXP ot4 in either a 25 or 27 now.
    any suggestions.
    thanks, Robert

2. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I run a 300xs with the 1.62 gears. I run a 30 PM with 1 set of 1" holes and 1 set of pvs holes all open. I run pretty heavy with 2 people all the time.

3. Member
    I’m interested to see how well a 28 p pro max runs. I’ve been eye balling them and yet to pull the trigger. Running a 30p performer now and needing a better hole shot

4. Member
    What about a custom hydrofoil?
    Last edited by Kerusm; 03-21-2018 at 07:13 PM.

5. Member
    With the Bailey hole shot plate and a foil my rig it will come out of the hole with any 32p prop at elevation with 1.62's going fishing, it may bog once it breaks over but then runs fine.
    I have a 28p Promax on it's way, very interested to see how it will perform compared the the Hydro's, Bravo's and uncut Perf 3 in the same pitch.

6. Member
    Send the performer to Billy Eaves

7. Member
    I prefer sending performers to Croxton. He fixes what Billy can't fix, at least for me.

8. Member
    I got to run the ProMax this weekend. Lake elevation was 1300 ft. Boat was loaded to fish with half a tank of fuel and live well full of water and fish. Without the water in the live well the hole shot was very good. It was a little slower but still good with the live well full. The boat would stay on plane at 22 mph (rough water) and the drivability was very good. It was a little small at 28p. I finally got some good water and it ran 86 at 6150 rpm. Again this was loaded heavy.
    It is a little less prop on top end than the TXP OT4 27p but beats it 9 ways from Sunday every other way. It is my new main prop.
    I have had 5 or 6 different props on the boat since I changed from the 280 to the 300 and this is the first time that I have been satisfied. Other than the price it is a great prop, the best out of the box of any that I have ever tried. And the bow lift is much better than any prop that I have tried. Takes half the trim to get the boat on the pad.
    Dean you will like the hole shot, no plugs, but as you like to run fast a 30 or 32 may suit you better.
    Robert

9. Member
    Good write up Robert, I ran the 28PM last week (1.62 gears), only made 1 run due to wind then went fishing. 85 mph at 6000 rpm with a great hole shot. This will end up being one of my fishing props. There is more in it, I just didn't want to push it in the wind.

10. Member
    How does the promax compare to a bravo 1? I found a great deal on some bravo 1 lab props and I can pretty much buy two for what I can buy one promax for. If it’s a huge difference I may buy a promax instead

11. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I find that the PM has a much better mid and top end by about 3 to 4 mph
    Hole shot is a toss up My boat (300xs 1.62 gear and 30 pm) will get up in about a boat length. 30 bravo about the same on hole shot.

I have 4 1" vents holes and 4 pvs holes all open

12. Member
    I ran the 28 pro max yesterday in local club tournament with full live wells, full gas tank, fishing load (approx 65 lbs plus 12 rods), and other misc stuff with both but seats. The extra weight of gas and water in the rig hurt hole shot from what I experience previously. Hole shot was about the same as my 28p q4xob. I do like the mid range of the pro max, the wot was 85.5 at 6250 rpm. It doesn't seem to like as much engine height as the 15" props, probably because it is only 14.5" in diameter. It caught me be surprise as I was making a run form one spot to another while trimming both engine and plate, had my first actual blow out when the rear lifted and just skated like on ice, fortunately I kept running sorta straight. Once settled down just mashed the gas and started over on the run and was more cautious on trim and engine height. I do believe it's a keeper for team fishing or just getting somewhere quick.

13. Member
    The midrange of the Promax is incredible... I have a 28 and a 30.. the 28 is crazy from 65-85... the 30 isn't much worse...
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I ran the 28 pro max yesterday in local club tournament with full live wells, full gas tank, fishing load (approx 65 lbs plus 12 rods), and other misc stuff with both but seats. The extra weight of gas and water in the rig hurt hole shot from what I experience previously. Hole shot was about the same as my 28p q4xob. I do like the mid range of the pro max, the wot was 85.5 at 6250 rpm. It doesn't seem to like as much engine height as the 15" props, probably because it is only 14.5" in diameter. It caught me be surprise as I was making a run form one spot to another while trimming both engine and plate, had my first actual blow out when the rear lifted and just skated like on ice, fortunately I kept running sorta straight. Once settled down just mashed the gas and started over on the run and was more cautious on trim and engine height. I do believe it's a keeper for team fishing or just getting somewhere quick.
    Dean, remind me, you have a 300xs right? 1.75 gears
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    The midrange of the Promax is incredible... I have a 28 and a 30.. the 28 is crazy from 65-85... the 30 isn't much worse...
    What do you see on top end with the 30?
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

16. Member
    Jason I do run a 300xs and currently running the 1.62 sporty. The 1.75 sporty will go on for summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melton Jason View Post
    Dean, remind me, you have a 300xs right? 1.75 gears