Looking for a good bass fishing guide on Toledo Bend Suggestions Please

Hello I am fishing a tournament with my son in April on Toledo Bend and we are staying at North Toledo Bend State Park , since I am unfamiliar with this lake I wanted to hire a guide to show me a few places we might be able to catch some fish in the area around where we are staying, does anyone have someone they would recommend?

In my opinion, you need to look up Jason Courville or Darold Gleason. I would say they are the 2 best on the lake.
    Cody // 2011 Phoenix 721

3. Member
    Not wanting to start anything, but 2 or 3 years ago Gleason was hired the week of a tournament that he was fishing in and his clients zeroed, or caught very few fish while other clients in the party did very well with the other guides hired. Gleason won the tournament that weekend. I know, he said he didn't know the fish were there...he's the only one that knows but it looked suspicious. Gleason is good, and I'm not saying that. But you better make sure he isn't fishing the same tourney or fishing in a tourney that week on the Bend. A buddy of mine fished with him a few years ago and had a good trip. Some of the clients in that party that same week used Stephen Johnston and caught a lot of fish. If I were going to hire a guide, he would be at the top or near the top. Seems like a very nice guy and have read a lot of good things about him as a guide.

After reading your post again, I see you are wanting to learn places around San Miguel. If I remember from what I have read, some of the old school guys fish north of the bridge while not sure if Gleason or Courville does or not. Names like Tommy Martin, Harold Allen, and John Dean I am 99% sure they do fish in that area. I have seen Allen and Dean fishing Lanan before so sure they also fish the 1215 area and San Miguel. Sure there are others if your heart is set on fishing that area. Good luck to you and your son.

4. Member
    Thank You

5. Member
    Courville is awesome but he stays south around Mill Creek for the most part.

7. Member
    I’m pretty sure Gleason is booked through April. He might have a random weekday opening. I went with him on a one day trip about 3 weeks ago and would give him 5 stars in every way. I also have a trip with him this Wednesday at Toledo.
    Last edited by barbarian; 03-13-2018 at 07:42 PM.

8. Member
    Stephen is a good guy and makes it an enjoyable trip. I have done a couple with him on Rayburn and really enjoyed fishing with him.

9. Member
    Darold Gleason

Ive booked Jason Courville before, and it was an amazing trip. That guys is a really good Toledo Bend teacher, and I learned a ton of info on our trip

I would also look up Elite Guide Services and Zack Gagnard... I believe he fishes Palo Gaucho to Six Mile and Sandy

One of the best guided trips the I've recently had was with Casey Burleigh from Orange,Tx... Easy to find on FB.. Launches out of six mile and fishes everything south of Pendleton on the Tx side. Also guides on Rayburn