Thread: Trailer Line X

Trailer Line X

has anyone had their trailer line x'd I am wanting to get mine done but don't really know how much it will cost or if it is something I could do myself. any info would be helpful. I have a 03 188 elite on a single axle trailer

2. Banned
    Preparation of the trailer is what will cost the most, either in blood and sweat or sand blasted. I had both fenders Line-X'ed for $50 bucks and it was some money well spent... Dan

3. Member
    Im having mine done on Monday. They estimated around 700.00, I am taking everything off the trailer (fenders, lights, diamond plating, etc...) and then they will prep and spray... I will post some pictures when its done.

4. Member
    I had a previous boat trailer sprayed with actual Line-x premium which carries a lifetime warranty. I stripped the trailer down myself and did quite a bit of prep work. Cost me $1000, but was money well spent, as it looked like a new trailer. There are other products that are less expensive, but don’t hold up to UV as well.

5. Pat Goff
    I'm assuming this is on a channel trailer? If it's a tube trailer, you're wasting your time and money.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

6. Member
    Line X is a great product but after seeing how it can stain when used in a truck bed application, I am not sure it would be ideal for a boat trailer unless you fished clean water all the time. I would think eventually, the water would stain the finish where it would not wash out.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    I'm assuming this is on a channel trailer? If it's a tube trailer, you're wasting your time and money.
    That’s what I was wondering.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

8. Member
    Mine cost about 4x the cost of a truck bed. So much overspray.