Thumbs Up J & L Marine -- KUDOS for Great customer service !!!!

While getting my new Ranger Cup Z520C setup up for fishing, I found the my power pole dash panel wireless remote did not work. I took it off & checked the battery voltage. It still would not work with a new CR2032 button battery. I thought maybe I just need to resync it to my system. After about 4-5 minutes, I had removed the splash well compartment cover so I could get to the power pole pumps. When within a couple of feet of the pumps, the unit worked. Beyond that, it would not work. No problem, I needed to program my to foot switches that I kept from the 2017 Ranger. I followed the directions to program them to no avail. I pulled up a YOUTUBE video & sure enough, I was doing it correctly. They just would not program.

So I called J & L Marine, & to my surprise, I immediately was connected to an English speaking, non-script-reading technician. Could this be too good to be true? Tyler was on his game. I explained that the dash switch would not work, but both my HDS Carbons & the necklace switch worked fine. He immediately asked about the color of the switch buttons. Yes, it was the proper one for the CMonster 2. He then said he was going to send one out to me USPS priority & just use the prepaid shipping label to send the bad one back.

We then moved on to problem two ... the two foot switches. He again asked what color the arrows were. I told him white. He quickly diagnosed that they would only work with the CMonster 1 systems. He advised me that I would need to replace those at an approximate retail cost of $119. This is not the answer I wanted to hear, but this guy knows his Power Poles products & got me taken care of quickly.

This is the second time I have had to contact them in a five year period of time. Both times I got right through to tech support. Each time they quickly, & efficiently answered my questions. I want to give KUDOS in a big way to J & L Marine for their superior tech support.
    Last edited by km9e; 03-08-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    Richard Viehe
    CRV Communications, Inc, President
    Authorized Bluewater LED Dealer
    Indpls., IN

Career Firefighter/Paramedic, Retired
    Carmel FD, IN

2020 Phoenix 21 PHX
    4 Stroke 250 Pro XS
    Console: Humminbird 12” Solix MSI G3, Garmin 126sv
    Bow: Humminbird 12” MEGA SI, Mega360, Garmin 122sv
    Livescope LVS34
    36V Ghost