Live wells, horn, lights etc not working

2012 Z9

I've had some issues with this before and now it's worse...

Battery is full charge (lithium) connections at the battery are good.

Any time you push a button on either control pad the auxiliary relay clicks and I lose all auxiliary power. Comes right back. I've replaced the relay and no change. Trim on the front panel works.

When it kicks out it shuts both lowrance hds units down also.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck...

Start with the ground...then check fuses.

Not sure what else I would check. But I would definitely get a mutlimeter on the battery when you push the pad to see the draw.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Start with the ground...then check fuses.

Not sure what else I would check. But I would definitely get a mutlimeter on the battery when you push the pad to see the draw.
    The battery stays up but the power to my fuse pannel drops out.

The light on the auxiliary switch goes out and back on. All the fuses are good.

I'm not sure how it's all run. Trim and jack plate work, so connections at the battery are good. There's no green at the fuse pannel, positive and ground are both good and tight at the fuse pannel.

What's confusing me is I'm loosing power at the aux switch which means the issue is in the supply to the switch. That should be a no load circuit controlling the relay. I have no clue where that power is supplied from. Unless I'm having a brain fart which is more than possible lol.

4. Member
    Did you check all your connections on the pad? Wonder if something is loose and its shorting out when you push a button. Youd think that would blow a fuse though. Strange...

Are using a volt meter? It will help u pinpoint the issue.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Two weeks ago, none of my rocker switches on my console would light up. I had no nav lights, no livewell, no bilge, trim switch at the bow did not work. Pulled all fuses and they were all good. Checked the breaker coming off of the battery and it was good. It turned out to be the main power switch had gone bad. Quick and inexpensive fix for me. BPS in Bossier City did it for me and total bill was 45.00. Hope this helps.

7. Member
    +1 ^^^^^
    2003 Nitro 901 CDX w/2021 Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke, 6" Slide Master Jackplate, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades, 22P Fury prop, Minnkota Ultrex 112

8. Member
    Sorry about the slow reply, I was gone to camp sledding. Back in the boat now playing around. I have battery Voltage at my fuse pannel. I just tried power direct from battery to output of the auxiliary switch, when I do that the lights on the pannel all turn on and back off when I push any button but I dont loose the power relay.

Everything on the pad seems ok, and yep, multimeter all the way. Using a fluke 233 with the removable faceplate.

EDIT: I got it going. Had to go from day shift to night shift due to a training course at work and figured that would be the perfect opportunity to get the boat in the shop with no distractions. Got it warmed up, and started checking voltage drop across the harness, found a ground wire that was green at the crimp at the back of the pin. Looks like the pervious owner poked the wire with a test light. Replace the pin and it's good to go!

Also got my new 4 bank charger installed.
    Last edited by ZRT600; 03-25-2018 at 05:54 AM.