CALLING ALL CAJUN GURU'S

I have a friend that just bought a 1993 19' Cajun bass boat. I think it is a 190 Pro Sport DC. He is trying to figure out how to change the pedestal base on the front deck. He is telling me there is not any access to the screws/nuts below the deck. Any help would b great!!! Thanks

2. Member
    I don't recalling looking up at them in my center hatch. I would have to look. But an access hole could be made in that wall if needed be. They don't make those seat bases the same way anymore. Could also use a grinder from above. Would make a mess and you would still need access to install new thru bolt model.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

3. Member
    I'll check and report back.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

4. Member
    I have a 17' ragin cajun and have accessed the nuts on the underside the deck through the rod box. On mine, the panels on the inside of the rod box can be taken out.

5. Member
    The same with mine. Front of the rod lockers have a panel that is screwed in place. May have to remove the panel on the inside edge too. That was the one that gave me access.

Just removed mine from my Cajun a few months ago. The front was not bolted down but was screwed to the front deck. Once he removes the base it will leave a rather large hole, as it is recessed. I removed mine while recarpeting the boat and patched the hole with fiberglass.

He gotter done. Access thru the rod box. Thanks for all the replies!!!