Classic Twin Spin

This is a classic twin spin I've been messing with on and off for a few years. I made the wire forms from .040" for the main wire coming out of the head and .028" for the blade arms for maximum vibration. The bait is 3/8oz with powder coated size #4 willow blades with Worth ball bearing swivels. It is a black/chartreuse powder coated body with a 50 strand skirt and the hook is a 4/0 VMC 7250 black nickel hook. I made the wire forms based off of the kind you can buy, I changed the area of the line tie by making the loop longer for an extra wire wrap and I bent the area of the blade arm that attaches to the main wire shaft a little larger to accommodate the extra wire wrap on the loop for the line tie. I went with this color as it is going to be a dirty water bait, I don't see twin spins being effective in lightly stained or clear water.

2. Member
    Absolutely beautiful.

3. Member
    Just wondering why you don't think it will be effective in lightly stained or clear water.
    Wayne

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenlures View Post
    Just wondering why you don't think it will be effective in lightly stained or clear water.
    Wayne
    It is too unnatural looking and has a big profile. I've fished these in all kinds of conditions and anything more than 1' of visibility has been pretty unsuccessful to say the least. I know this because I've been able to catch fish during the same times with a regular spinnerbait in the same color patterns, I'd put the twin spin down and pick up the standard double willow spinnerbait and get bit. The flip side is when the water is dirty, it absolutely gets crushed and it draws big fish like a magnet. I decided to make a few even though they are a pain to do, our winter just doesn't stop and I'm expecting a spring with a lot of dingy colored water so I decided to do some of these up so I'm prepared.

5. Member
    I haven't seen a twin spin in a long time. I hope it crushes those big green fish for you this spring.