2011 Ranger 1750 VS Reata

Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased a "new to me" 2011 Ranger 1750 VS Reata as an upgrade from my Crestliner Fishhawk.

I have been doing a lot of research online and cannot seem to confirm a couple details about my new boat.

1) Does anyone know or have technical specs on the boat? I've contacted Ranger and they were only able to provide with a "generic" 2011 Ranger Boats owners manual. Specifically I'm trying to determine the draft of the boat sitting empty (or maybe with full fuel tank). I generally run skinny water, and with this being my first fibreglass boat, would like to keep it in decent shape.

2) Is the bow factory wired for a bow-mounted sonar/GPS? I've found that the newer (2015+ 1850s) have a pig-tail behind the bow trim controls, but I cannot find any info on older models.

I should also note that the boat is still in storage for a few more weeks or I would just pull it apart to look for wiring.

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    I have the 1760 angler. Same hull I think. What does it draft? 18" best i can tell. Bow mont sonar ? You should find power you could use, but run a dedicated power pair less chance of interference.
    From what I found when I was looking you have a rare boat . What engine do you have ?
    Have a crappie day

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookin'&Cookin' View Post
    I have the 1760 angler. Same hull I think. What does it draft? 18" best i can tell. Bow mont sonar ? You should find power you could use, but run a dedicated power pair less chance of interference.
    From what I found when I was looking you have a rare boat . What engine do you have ?
    Thanks for the reply Hookin'!

Ya it appears to be a very rare boat as most people opted for the 1850 as it was only an extra $7500 or something. Fortunately/Unfortunately for me, when looking for a slightly used fibreglass multi-species in Canada, our options are very limited! Either the Ranger Reata or Lund Tyee GL and most are $85-$90,000 brand new ... or $50,000 used... if you can find them! Mine was rigged from factory with an 115hp Evinrude E-Tec G1 ... I've only water tested for a few mins as there is still ice on the lakes here. But 3 avg size guys, pulled 45mph in decent chop. I was impressed enough I bought it lol

Either way, 18" is really not so bad at all. that would be about the same as my Crestliner. Was concerned that I wouldn't be able to squeeze into the skinny water as the Ranger is physically taller (at the gunwale) than my Crestliner.

Also, I've got the boat home now and will be doing a bunch of work on it, so I will be taking a bunch of pics and compiling specs on it as most of the info is not available online anywhere.

Thanks Again