Is there a way turn off saving a way point for spot lock?

I do not like that every time I hit spot lock it saves a way point. Can this be turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    I do not like that every time I hit spot lock it saves a way point. Can this be turned off?
    A spot lock location is a waypoint. That is the only way the GPS can keep you at that location. Spot lock is GPS, not sonar.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    What unit? What software version you running?

4. Banned
    my solix removes the spot lock waypoint when i take the motor off of spot lock

5. Member
    "A spot lock location is a waypoint"
    yes and no, it is a temporary way point that should go away when you disable spot lock like troyboy said his solix does. I dont remember the spot lock positions being saved before I put it on my network.

I am running on a network with 3 helix's, not sure what the sw version is currently.

6. Member
    I think it depends how you select spot lock as to whether it is a temporary one or not. If you select to activate spotlock at the boats position it is temporary. If you cancel navigation the spotlock will delete itself. I think that is the only situation that does not leave the spotlock there till it is manually erased. Bob
    Note: There are 2 unit specific manuals on the HB site for ipilot operations. One for Helix and one for Solix. In the support section under manuals in the unit lists. To me they are more detailed than what is in the unit manuals.
    The foot pedal spotlock button and if you select spotlock at the boat position under the go to menu are both temporary spotlocks.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 03-07-2018 at 01:52 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I think it depends how you select spot lock as to whether it is a temporary one or not. If you select to activate spotlock at the boats position it is temporary. If you cancel navigation the spotlock will delete itself. I think that is the only situation that does not leave the spotlock there till it is manually erased. Bob
    Note: There are 2 unit specific manuals on the HB site for ipilot operations. One for Helix and one for Solix. In the support section under manuals in the unit lists. To me they are more detailed than what is in the unit manuals.
    The foot pedal spotlock button and if you select spotlock at the boat position under the go to menu are both temporary spotlocks.
    I have been reading over the manuals and found the information reads as you stated, but does not seem to operate that way. Thats why I think something else is enabled that I did not want to. I think it has to do with the auto upload feature. I use the pedal button almost every time and those spotlocks are being saved. I will work with it some more to see if I can figure it out nad report back.

8. Member
    auto upload feature? What is that?

9. Member
    P. 15 of I pilot link/ helix manual

10. Member
    Thanks I have never run it offline. I guess rampaage can turn it off and see if it does anything for his problem.

11. Member
    Have had the same for the last year and can't figure out how to not leave a waypoint at every spotlock. My screen is so cluttered in an area that I can't read the contour lines. Wish I knew how to disable the setting.

12. Member
    Rampage, did you do the latest ipilot update?(2/14/2018). Don't see anything about spotlock but was curious if you did it. Bob

13. Member
    You do know you can delete them,right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajwasco View Post
    Have had the same for the last year and can't figure out how to not leave a waypoint at every spotlock. My screen is so cluttered in an area that I can't read the contour lines. Wish I knew how to disable the setting.

14. Member
    Rampage, did you do the latest ipilot update?(2/14/2018). Don't see anything about spotlock but was curious if you did it. Bob
    The onix had a similar issue where a pop screen would come up and ask about saving current spot as a waypoint or something. One of the software updates fixed it. I was thinking the helix had something similar

15. Banned
    good point. i should have added i always use the foot pedal. mine have always deleted when i turn it off

16. Member
    The auto upload feature did not fix the problem. What it does do is transfer tracks and waypoints from the ipilot to your head unit.

I have not done the 2/18 update, that is next on my agenda to accomplish. Was at a tournament this w/e and doing cleanup and chores at home on Sunday, so didnt have time to mess with it.

The spotlock's do clutter the screen, especially when you are zoomed out and looking for actual way points you want to go to. The icon is different but when you are zoomed out they looked the same. You can delete them, but the funny thing is they still stay on the screen they just change colors? I am really hoping the software update takes care of this.

17. Member

18. Member
    Bob, I have Helix units and I have the book for them. It does not operate the way the book states. Every time I hit the anchor/spot lock button on the ultrex it saves the point on the helix after you disengage. I just updated everything to the current sw version, but didnt have time to roll my boat of the shop so that gps would get a good signal to test it, wife said dinner was ready . I should get time to mess with again this w/e and I will let you guys know.

19. Member
    Sorry I sent the wrong one. There is a Helix guide for ipilot link also. I found it more helpful than the unit manual for the link. Bob

20. Member
    Well, all is working as advertised now. All software updated to 1.61 on Helix, 1.14 on i-pilot. When using the pedal button, Spot-lock points go away when disabled. If you want all SL points to be removed, you have to check all head units on your network and delete all SL points for them to completely disappear. If you try to delete a point and and it will not allow it, then that point exists/stored on a different head unit. That point also appears as a different color when viewing zoomed out. One thing is that it still increments the number for the SL point even though it is temp, not a big deal but just noticed it.

I do like some of the features in the new sw, like night mode and standby on the power menu. Not sure which version it came out with, but it was something I wanted.

Maybe its just me but I wish track was disabled as a default, or it would save your last selection for this. I do not use tracking that often, and having to turn it off every time a startup is a pain.

Thanks to all that chimed in with suggestions!