prop suggestions

96 astro 1850 scx with merc 175 efi. Currently running a 24 pitch lazer. WOT with a light load in running 5400 rpms at 60 mph. Decent hole shot. Labors a little with full tournament load and full livewells. Looking for recommendations for a new prop. I would like a better hole shot with full load. More speed would be nice if its possible.
    I don't know my prop height and I don't know the weight of the boat. I have always been a fan of the tempest and trophy props and I feel either one of them may be an improvement over the lazer. really hoping for some sound advise here on brand and prop size. I don't have the funds to buy one just to try it out.

thanks folks

2. Member
    25 trophy or tempest should do well on that set up if you run 2 people most of the time. A 26 will run faster but might be a bit much for 2 people and livewells.

3. Member
    thx bud. im kinda leaning toward the trophy 4 blade. the last time I had a 4 blade, my mechanic suggested going up one size in pitch. I assumed the extra blade was the reason. have you ever heard of any such logic?