Thread: 202 pro v

202 pro v

I am looking at buying a new to me boat and I have seen s verbal early 2000's 202 pro V's with 225's on them. So I am not anspeed demon but I would like low 60's with more importantly a nice and dry ride how does this Blazer compare? How stable is the boat when fishing? How is the layout and storage and finally are there some years to avoid?

2. Banned
    My Blazer was a pretty stable fishing platform. Didn't upset me there at all. A 202 with a 225 will crush low 60s so you'll have a lot more there if you need it. Ride was the only downside in my Blazer, it didn't ride awful but it wasn't just overly perfect either. It was dry though never felt unsafe or anything. They're a good boat for the value. Usually cheap.

Running a 2001 202 and the ride is above average for sure..... Makes my old skeeter look like a flat bottom bateau in rough conditions. 225vmax is not a gas saver, but gobs of torq is worth it. Cruise at low 60s and 70s are a breeze to reach. At the 80s mark, the boat gets some chine, but drive through it and all is well. Fishing stability is also above average... I am 6'4" 325lbs and when I set the hook, the boat has minor rock to it. Find a 2002 or above.... I think this is the year they went to all composite.

Good Luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

2001 202 Special Edition Blazer w/ 2001 225 OX66 Yamaha, 26.5P Tempest@2" below the pad.... 77mph w/ full tanks, passenger and gear