Banned

Anyone redone floor of a 2004ish Bass Tracker?

Have a soft spot by the drain hole in the floor of the boat....im really worried me or someone is gonna step hard on it and make a hole.

Really worried...because I have no boating experience, and even less boat flooring experience lol....and replacing the floor is pretty scary sounding. Plus im pretty sure ill have to do it myself due to my location (El Paso, TX).

Anything I can do as a workaround? Maybe put a small piece of plywood over the drain hole?

2. Member
    I havve re carpeted and replaced the floor in a 2001 bass tracker. It’s a fairly decent size job. The reason it’s soft is because the foam unde the floor holds water and Rotted the wood. The seat pans rod lockers console and side boards all come out. The floor is two pieces of marine grade plywood. Take lots of pictures
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    I replaced the floor on my 2002 and as Generator said, it’s a big job because a lot of things have to come out (lockers, side panels, and console) before the floor comes out. Maybe you could cut out and replace just the soft section, but it’d be hard to patch the carpet correctly.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
    I replaced the floor on my 2002 and as Generator said, it’s a big job because a lot of things have to come out (lockers, side panels, and console) before the floor comes out. Maybe you could cut out and replace just the soft section, but it’d be hard to patch the carpet correctly.
    i dont really care about the carpet....since im planning to replace it all in the next year or 2. But I was out on the water....and man is that spot soft! I know its waiting me to be a few too many cervezas deep not pay attention/step lightly....and hole! I know it. Im literally afraid to put my full weight on the spot (im fat...but still!)

any vids or sites you can point me to to help me cut out and replace the piece? Wonder if thats doable....all this is new to me as a first time boat owner, who lives in a desert and knows no one with boats...so my experience is beyond none and all these things are intimidating! lol

5. Member
    If you're going to replace it soon, maybe just screw a piece of sheet metal down over the soft spot for now?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
    If you're going to replace it soon, maybe just screw a piece of sheet metal down over the soft spot for now?

im not wanting to do it that soon....prolly winter...but i was thinking about a wood plank and cut out a whole to line up with the drain, and just lay it over. The rest of the floor is good....but it gets soft real quick at that drain hole! Lets see how I feel after another trip or 2

7. Member
    I’m not sure of any videos that will show you how to do this. I would take it apart and put the screws in bags and label them accordingly. Take lots of pictures
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

8. Member
    Get a piece of aluminum, about 12-14" wide and the length of the floor, 1/4" thick will do. Carpet it and screw it down. The last thing you want is a thick chunk of wood on the floor so you or a passenger can trip over it and do a face plant in an aluminum boat. To many hard sharp corners, not good.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR