It's hard to part ways with a stock that does you well

NFLX price just seem to be getting way ahead of itself up 66% YTD. I took my 250% profit and ran, not even leaving any on the table. I'll consider getting back in on a healthy pull back.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    NFLX price just seem to be getting way ahead of itself up 66% YTD. I took my 250% profit and ran, not even leaving any on the table. I'll consider getting back in on a healthy pull back.
    At some point it makes sense to take gains. Very few stocks I feel like I can hold forever. After I sell it I delete them from watchlist so I don’t have to see it keep going up.

3. Member
    Good call. Knowing when to sell is as important as knowing when to buy. I've regretted holding too long much more than selling at a gain early.

Glad to see someone else doing it! I more than doubled my MTCH (match.com) and sold it Friday. Nice to be able to sit on a little cash and see what happens in the next few days to see what else I'll get into.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

5. Member
    I did that with Caterpillar. Bought in low80s sold at 156 then watched it climb to 170 and then fall back below where I sold it. Used the cash to buy Applied materials when it dropped in big crash a few weeks ago and have a nice gain. When this PEs get high I often look to sell and then look for something more reasonably valued. I just get nervous holding very high PE stocks but have a few just for diversification.