Lucas M

2018 BASS Nation Central Region

Good luck to the Minnesota State team down on Toledo Bend tomorrow! Have fun and represent us well boys!!

2. Member
    Good luck guys.

3. Member
    Anybody know how they did?

4. Member
    I was down there part of the team fishing. Corey took 2nd overall off of a spot we were both fishing. The team as a whole didn't do that great. I did horrible, had motor problems in practice and fried a lower unit during the tournament. The results are on bassmaster if you want to look it up.

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

5. Member
    As Wyatt said it was a struggle for most of us as the week went on, it definitely got tougher. I think a lot of us got caught up in the shallow trees, or at least I did for too long prefishing, since there isn’t a ton of that here and it all looked soooo good. There were big girls up shallow it seemed early in the week as our guy would catch them here or there, but really it seems the offshore (ledge/flat) bite was still the more consistent producer of bigger bites. I think as a whole we finished 15th, Corey as noted was 2nd, was hoping he would pull off the win but he will be a great rep from MN in nationals for sure. On a side note, I did have some fun on the final day catching around 30 spots in an hour or so dropshotting haha. Was a fun trip, really good learning experience, and just a cool experience overall. Only thing that truly sucked was the 18 hour drive down and back!

6. Member
    Congrats to you guys just for making it! Corey is one heck of a stick for sure and no surprise he did well as did Matt on the coangler side. Rumors national will be up here later this summer...if so good luck to the rest of the nation keeping up with Corey and Matt! I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see both these young guys fishing flw/elites in the near future.