Finally got to golf

First time out this year...thank you Ohio weather..Ended up shooting a 91, which I was happy with all things considered.
    I am always amazed at how awkward I feel swinging a golf club after not doing so for 8 weeks. The swing did not even start to feel normal until the back nine. Hopefully, the weather starts to get at least good enough I can start going to the driving range and knock the rust off.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

2. Member
    I've got the itch bad. Been to the range a couple of times already. But for every day we have warm weather here in MI, we get snow and ice the next.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

I hear ya. Ive been about seven months since I swung. A back surgery and lots of therapy. Hopefully I can start swinging within a few weeks. Id be happy with a 91 my first time out too

4. Member
    I would be tickled with a 91

Playing tomorrow, only going to be about 40, but I don't care.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Playing tomorrow, only going to be about 40, but I don't care.
    Sunny and 40 with no wind isn't too bad this time of year. Add the wind and no thank you.
    It's crazy here with these Nor'easters we have been getting the last week or so. We have more snow on the ground than we had in Jan/Feb. I was actually able to play early February.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    Sunny and 40 with no wind isn't too bad this time of year. Add the wind and no thank you.
    It's crazy here with these Nor'easters we have been getting the last week or so. We have more snow on the ground than we had in Jan/Feb. I was actually able to play early February.
    It was pretty windy, ended up shooting 103. Was aggravating because I was driving it well, irons and putting were another story. Usually putt pretty well, but the greens were very wet. Couldn't get the speed right for about 9 holes.

Haven't played since last June. We had a baby and that ended my golfing season. Hoping to head out Friday on our day off with a couple of buddies if the weather stays nice.

I played yesterday. Nice and sunny around 50*. The day lasted 2 holes for me. On the first swing of the day felt a weird feeling in my right elbow and didn't hit the ball real well (nice push into some tree branches). On the second shot I swung and my Lord did it hurt. Being not smart I figured lets see how it goes on #2. Not good. The follow through kills my elbow.
    I have been having problems with golfers elbow throughout the years but never ever this bad. Had a shot back in January. The messed up thing is all winter I was hitting balls in the back yard into the net and nothing really bothered the elbow.
    Tomorrow I'm going to the orthopedist to see if he can give me another cortisone shot and to see after the shot if he thinks I'd be able to play golf Saturday in Florida on my vacation.

Bsktball- congrat's on the new baby.

Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I played yesterday. Nice and sunny around 50*. The day lasted 2 holes for me. On the first swing of the day felt a weird feeling in my right elbow and didn't hit the ball real well (nice push into some tree branches). On the second shot I swung and my Lord did it hurt. Being not smart I figured lets see how it goes on #2. Not good. The follow through kills my elbow.
    I have been having problems with golfers elbow throughout the years but never ever this bad. Had a shot back in January. The messed up thing is all winter I was hitting balls in the back yard into the net and nothing really bothered the elbow.
    Tomorrow I'm going to the orthopedist to see if he can give me another cortisone shot and to see after the shot if he thinks I'd be able to play golf Saturday in Florida on my vacation.

Bsktball- congrat's on the new baby.
    Might try a flexbar, helped me a bunch with tennis elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Might try a flexbar, helped me a bunch with tennis elbow.
    I have a thera-band for it but the orthopedics Dr told me don't use it. He said because I use those muscles daily at work I might put further stress on those muscles by using flex bars or the three-band. Think I'll start using it again as not using it made no difference.
    He didn't end up giving me a shot after all so no golf this Saturday but has me getting a MRI which will be done tomorrow morning.

12. Member
    Had a tennis elbow years ago from fishing and playing golf. Treat with a cold compress, and a hot compresses. Use a pressure band while playing.

13. Member
    Been using DMSO for hands and arms and seems to keep me going. Has even helped shoulder. I know some day will have to slow down but hopefully not for awhile.