Overall opinions on new Suzuki 200-250 hp

I am looking at some new bay boats that come rigged with Zuki 4 stroke 200-225-250.
    I have mostly been a Yami guy and don’t know much on these. Can anyone offer opinions? Issues?
    love it, hate it? Pros vs cons? Much appreciated!!

2. Banned
    from what I've heard & read, Suzuki makes one of the most reliable four strokes on the market. Did a little research before I bought mine last month.
    they are noted for quietness, and great gas mileage.

3. Member
    So far, love both my 250, and EFI 9,9 kicker. No complaints.. both have started as soon as I touch the key or button. Going year 2 now and have been very happy.

Only wish I have is that I wish I had more time on the water... like 3+ days a week.

Pro's.. Quiet.. Quiet.. Quiet.. Not that I plan on using it, a great warranty, my research indicated reliability. I'm coming out of a Merc 225 EFI, so I really cant compare fuel economy. The 225 sucked it.. this one sips is.. but its not apples to apples. So far the motors haven't even burped..

Con's.. none yet.. I'm sure I could say I'd like to play and tweak with prop's more just to see what I could improve, but I'm too old now and my hole shot and top end are more than fast enough now. Where I'm located, there are not many Suzuki dealers, so may or may not be an issue later down the road. (resale or need some type of checkup)?

I spent a ton of time researching both of my motors before I purchased and I feel I made the best choice for me. The Dealer i purchased my boat from did offer Yamaha, Mercs, and Suzuki, but I chose my package with Suzuki's.

Good luck, I love mine and happy I made the choice.
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

4. Banned
    only con I have heard is that Suzuki's are hard to properly prop

5. Member
    Love my 250ss. Oil changes and put gas in it. Goodspeed and economy. Hard to prop... I guess but a 28 powertech is good enough for me.

6. Member
    My 250ss has a 29” bravo 1 prop good all around but I am really liking the motor!

7. Member
    Not specifically related to the motor but the extended service contract, if there is one, seems to be the weak link in a Suzuki. It is administered by a company named Cornerstone. They are reported to be tough to deal with when claims are made. If the contract is not properly transferred if and when a motor is sold then the service contract goes away. But chances are the contract will never be needed anyway.

8. Member
    6 year warranty from the factory on mine. Haven't used it so I don't know on that. Installer registered it when installed.