Thread: Ky lake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ky lake

Heard all these great reports, so I went yesterday. Water was 362 and some change. We got our asses whipped. Fished for 7 hours and caught 1 keeper and a few dinks. Must of been a dollar short and a day late!!!

2. Member
    Never trust the word of a fisherman.

3. Banned
    East wind....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    East wind....
    is that a known problem for Ky Lake?

5. Member
    We fished sat Sunday on the north end and if I was in a drum tournament I would have dominated. We caught nothing but dinks with a keeper smallmouth and one keeper largemouth. Now we fish this lake two days a year so we are by no means experts. In my opinion if you know how to catch them there the fishing is still really good but for the weekend angler it is fishing tough. There was a big bass tournament Sunday and there were 80 bass brought in over 5 pounds. Humbling to say the least, most were caught flipping bushes and that is just not a strength of ours being clear northern lake fisherman. We did hit every channel swing main lake and secondary point in the north end and couldn’t get keeper bites. Good luck there still there I think.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ggodwin View Post
    is that a known problem for Ky Lake?
    Won a boat with that easy wind one day, actually we won two so I can’t blame it on the east wind lol

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Won a boat with that easy wind one day, actually we won two so I can’t blame it on the east wind lol
    But the old timers have always said "wind from the east, they bite the least"

8. Member
    I fished Saturday and only caught dinks as well. I know the college kids caught some monsters in the big bass tourney that day but they were much further south than me. I'm sure the Arig bite was on somewhere but I didn't have enough time to get dialed in to that.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    But the old timers have always said "wind from the east, they bite the least"
    EAST wind on 4/21/18 @ 6-8 mph. Tournament on Ky Lake had top 22 boats weigh in 20 LBS and greater. One of the best tournament days I can remember on Ky. Lake in some time as far as weight goes. Thats 110 fish with 4 lb and greater average to the top 22 boats!! WOW

10. Member
    There arent catching those going down some bank line.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardrig View Post
    EAST wind on 4/21/18 @ 6-8 mph. Tournament on Ky Lake had top 22 boats weigh in 20 LBS and greater. One of the best tournament days I can remember on Ky. Lake in some time as far as weight goes. Thats 110 fish with 4 lb and greater average to the top 22 boats!! WOW
    Hey, it's just an old time saying. There's a lot of old time sayings that aren't always true.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Do you recall if the cows were laying down that day?
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardrig View Post
    Just think what they would have weighed in if had been a west wind.Saying says they bite
    the least,Doesn't say they don't bite at all.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    Do you recall if the cows were laying down that day?
    Not sure but Ospreys built a nest on the new bridge.

15. Member
    Not many people caught fish Saturday

16. Member
    The bags worth talking about are mostly coming offshore. I'm a long way from a regular over there but that's my bet.
    GETFISHED !!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    The bags worth talking about are mostly coming offshore. I'm a long way from a regular over there but that's my bet.
    Have some friends that are catching a bunch of fish and they are catching them out of the bushes.

18. Member
    Talked to a guide friend Thursday and he said there were bass in every bush they threw at that morning. 4’s 5’s big fish was 7.5.
    not there Friday sat sun . Guess the north wind shut them down.. had to go to main lake and throw a tube for smallies and that was tough.

19. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallmouthguy View Post
    Talked to a guide friend Thursday and he said there were bass in every bush they threw at that morning. 4’s 5’s big fish was 7.5.
    not there Friday sat sun . Guess the north wind shut them down.. had to go to main lake and throw a tube for smallies and that was tough.
    had 5 out of bushes Friday afternoon, 3 over 3lbs in the first thirty pitches Sat morning, then not another keeper out of bushes the rest of the weekend, Found some on another pattern Sunday afternoon.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    had 5 out of bushes Friday afternoon, 3 over 3lbs in the first thirty pitches Sat morning, then not another keeper out of bushes the rest of the weekend, Found some on another pattern Sunday afternoon.
    heading down in the morning hoping to catch some in the bushes but guess will need to look for other options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast