Lake Eufaula during the 1st week of Apr

Hi there!

Never have been to the lake and we are a bunch of retired military having a get together and some fun competition. We are staying at Lakepoint State Park. Any info on water, temp, baits and colors would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Im headed down tomorrow to fish Fri-Sun. I'll try to update you when I get back.

Water temps are 62-68 now depending on where you’re fishing or what you’re looking for. The fish are shallow now but things are changing every day.

Stay in the channels when running. It is EXTREMELY important when running into and out of Lake Point. It is a well known chatterbait lake. Visit the Mann’s factory while you are there. Also, the Walmart has a well stocked fishing department. Get a couple of Strike Zone chatterbaits in sunfish and white while you are there.

You are going to see some BIG gators. They usually do not come into boats though...usually.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Hi there ee nerd! I would GREATLY appreciate any and all info. Never have been to Eufaula and I'am excited to say the least! Thank you sir!

6. Member
    Thank you 06 SB! Appreciate your info as well! What is your opinion on staying in the general area we are staying at, Lakepoint ?? I was hoping to explore the rest of the lake, but my boater partner is worried about the distance to run to the lower end. Thank you also sir!

7. Member
    Thank you Hogman! As I replied to the others, any and all info is appreciated! I'm bringing a TON of tackle, because really not sure what to expect. Thank you sir!

No better place to stay IMO. It is a long run to the south end but it is an easy tow down there if you decide to fish the south.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    Champ 2001 message me if you want to give me a call. I live in Eufaula and fish every chance I get when I’m not on duty, not saying I’m great but I can try to help ya

10. Member
    Champ 2001 and ee nerd. Returned messages sorry if you got duplicates couldn’t tell if it originally had gone threw.

yeah if you dont wanna run down south. Barbour Creek and Cheneyhatchee both have great boat ramps to fish the south end of the causeway. If you would rather tow.

12. Member
    Thank you Isufan334 for the reply! Much appreciated to all the nice people who took the time to help a fellow bass fisherman out!

13. Member
    Last weekend was a tough bite for most of us. We managed 14 on Friday, 4 on Saturday, and probably 4 Sunday morning. Friday was cold, Saturday was super windy, and Sunday was WET! We couldnt come close to finding a pattern. The water temp hovered around 60 most of the time with 2-3ft visibility. Good luck! I hope the weather is nicer to you than it was to us!

14. Member
    Thanks ee nerd! At least you were fishing and not wishing! What part of the lake did you guys happen to fish? Any size of the fish you did catch?

15. Member
    We fished from Cheneyhatchee to Thomas Mill. We had a LOT of small fish and a couple of 2.5 - 3#ers