Jackplate for a 190 ProV

I have seen this question answered before on here, but it appears to have been deleted. I have an 05 190 ProV with a 200 Optimax. I want to know what the best performing setback is for this rig. I have a 10 inch manual jackplate now, but I have heard 14 inches and 15 inches is the best for this rig.

What is the proper setback for my rig and how will it change the performance? What are the pro's and con's to making this change versus what I have now?

Thanks for the information.

Brad

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    14in for total overall performance. With more set back, the prop will be able to run in "cleaner" water for better bite and performance. No cons IMO.

If you want the best performance, then you need a hydraulic plate, IMO any high performance boat should run a hydraulic plate.

3. Member
    Thanks for the input Rebel1. I have a 10 inch manual plate now. i agree that a hydraulic would be a very good addition, but my plan was to test with a cheaper 4" manual plate or stand off and see how it performed, then if I liked the outcome, sell it and buy a hydraulic plate of the same depth.

4. Member
    Does anyone make a 4 inch Hydraulic Jackplate? Bob's smallest one appears to be a 6 inch.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Atlas does make a 4in. I liked the Atlas much better than the Bobs.

6. Member
    Thanks Rebel, you are always a good source of information.

I will check with Atlas.