precision sonar mount on a xs console

Anybody running a precision sonar mount on an xs console? Does it have a backer plate since there's a gap between the shroud and the fiberglass? And just wondering how you like it

2. Banned
    I run a BBT and like it very much. There is a backer plate. The mount is very secure. And Van at BBT is awesome to work with.

3. Member
    I also have a 2014 Triton 18xs. Is that a single mount you have and do you any pics of it. Looking for a good mount. looking at my flush mount hds unit is a pain trying to graph with the steering wheel blocking the view

4. Banned
    Do yourself a favor and go with Bass Boat Technology mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and go with Bass Boat Technology mounts.
    I agree. Van at BBT is your best choice in the game for electronic mounts imo.

Not sure how much different they are but i just made my own mounting plate out of aluminum and mounted it with the gimbal mount and bolted through. Very solid and the viewing angle is perfect.

C313993D-CC6A-4CC5-BE0F-16BDD9305971.jpeg 617DF3F9-27CA-4435-935C-323A3637FE0B.jpeg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Banned
    That looks really nice Roy

8. Member
    I would not reccomend Precision Sonar if you have a 18trx. Grea guys, cool products, but bad exerience. On my 18trx I had to instal my own backing plate when I was told I wouldnt need anything else. Being that the mount was over $300, I expected it to fit right out of the box, which s what I was told andreason why I went with thatmount.. Ipaid an additional $150 to have the mount mounted properly. Regrdless of the Mount Company, alwys do your on meaurements and send that to the mountingcompany toensure it will fit

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by josephsharpe99 View Post
    I would not reccomend Precision Sonar if you have a 18trx. Grea guys, cool products, but bad exerience. On my 18trx I had to instal my own backing plate when I was told I wouldnt need anything else. Being that the mount was over $300, I expected it to fit right out of the box, which s what I was told andreason why I went with thatmount.. Ipaid an additional $150 to have the mount mounted properly. Regrdless of the Mount Company, alwys do your on meaurements and send that to the mountingcompany toensure it will fit
    Did the mount come with a backing plate? My BBT mount did. Required pulling the console shroud back enough to get it in there.

Precision and BBT are meant to sandwich the console. It's how they get their rigidity.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    That looks really nice Roy
    Thanks appreciate it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.